The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
GOPAPA

Sorry Project ,,but I Just Got To Move On

I bought this truck in 07 and have worked on putting it togeather since then. Had a lot of things get in my way to finish it .
Done things backwards maybe but thats the way it goes I guess when its the first one I ever done with this much to do .
It had the cab off and repaired and then the whole truck painted ,,then had a bb engine put in it and a rebuilt tranny also.
I installed a blazer tank in the rear and plumbed it in to the engine ,,all new tail lights and back up lights ,,side markers ..installed inner fenders ,,heat shield,,new wiper motor,heater core,4 core radiator ,,tilt wheel ,,rebuilt instrument panel,,new glass ,,wiring ,.had lots of new parts to still put in it and on it ..

Then last week I trailered it to a friends shop to have the whole brake system redone so I could finally take it on it;s maiden voyage and he jacked it up using the bumper ,,which I never done in my shop ,,as I used the aframes and put it on blocks..
He called me and ask me to come take a look at it.. ..
It has a crooked frame and I didnt know it when I bought it as it was a roller . It wll have to have the cab off. the front clip off ,,the motor and tranny out plus the bed .. In order to put he frame in a frame rack and tweeked back to straight again,, The shop who painted the truck told me that the guy who owned it before me either wrecked it himself or some one before him had.. and said he knew it but didnt know that the guy had even sold it...

So yesterday I sold it cheap and I am moving on ,I still have my 71 and at the end of the month or close to it I and the wife are moving to Idaho .. I could get mad but that wouldn't do anything to really help,,so i'll just chalk it up to one that went bad for me.. No more acre to mow ,,no more cutting wood for the firepace ,,and sunshine 300 days a year,,what more could I ask for ?

Good to see ya all again ,,and after the wife and I get moved I will stop in more often .. here is a photo of my other truck ,,the one that I justhad to let go..

Old 10-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
longorange68

Re: Sorry Project ,,but I Just Got To Move On

Sorry to hear, have fun in Idaho!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience, well......that comes from bad judgment.

1968 Chevy C-10 "Longshot": Bought used from my Uncle George in 1994 and proceeding to beat the hell out of it for 4 years. Sold it. Bought it back, dumped an ungodly amount of money into it since then.
longorange68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Dang Larry,sorry to hear this. It sure looks great! I'da bought it in a NY minute to put on a frame I had. Well,if I was close enough to do that I would have just let you have the frame and you'd still have it. Oh well,I hope you enjoy Idaho and catch you when you get back on here.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
weever82

I think you did the right thing. I always say this to my wife and employees... "Adapt and move on, if you don't it will make you crazy". Enjoy the move and drive safe.

Weev-

Life's tough...... It's even tougher when your stupid - John Wayne
weever82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #5
Andy4639
Old member

Cool Re: Sorry Project ,,but I Just Got To Move On

There is one thing in my life I don't worry about and that is the material things that can be replaced. Yes it was a bad deal but it wasn't a life changing deal.
Move on my friend and hope the Idaho move goes well for you and the Mrs.

I can't tell you how many times I have sold something for way less than I payed for it. The only thing I look at is If I got the use out of it that I needed it for. If I have nomore use for it then get it out of the way.
I guess that's why I'm not a millionaire!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #6
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Hey there Larry.... sorry to hear about the frame but you sure handled it the right way. I just realized I haven't seen you on the board for awhile... did you sell your beautiful place? What part of Idaho are you headed to? Sunshine instead of rain might be a good thing for arthritis... Looking forward to seeing more posts from you before long!

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
GMCJOE

Sorry about your luck with that truck.. But I think if I was you, I would just stay in Oregon. It gets mighty cold in Idaho!

1969 GMC SWB-350 SBC 700R4
2013 Ram 2500 CC Laramie Longhorn Edition-6.7 PPEI EFI Live CSP5 5” ProFlo Exhaust
GMCJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #8
LockDoc
The Older Generation

-
Well Larry, sorry to hear this. Too bad you couldn't have used all of the good parts on another truck. I guess it all just happened at the wrong time.

Good luck on your move and the easier life in ID, and let us know when you get settled...

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #9
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Well Larry, sorry to hear this. Too bad you couldn't have used all of the good parts on another truck. I guess it all just happened at the wrong time.

Good luck on your move and the easier life in ID, and let us know when you get settled...

LockDoc
thx Leon,, I for one are a lot you guys that have worked hard all our lives and have a wonderful women that lets us own an old truck like we have so I can move on easier knowing that if I want to ,,I can get another.. of course afer she gets all set up with her sewing stuff she needs in Idaho,,lol
I will check in more after the move and let you know all went .
Old 10-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #10
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by longorange68 View Post
Sorry to hear, have fun in Idaho!!
Posted via Mobile Device
thx,,, I am looking foreward to enjoying Idaho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Dang Larry,sorry to hear this. It sure looks great! I'da bought it in a NY minute to put on a frame I had. Well,if I was close enough to do that I would have just let you have the frame and you'd still have it. Oh well,I hope you enjoy Idaho and catch you when you get back on here.
Tim , would of really liked for you getting the truck ,,there is more to tell about being taken ,,will share later down the thread about it ,kinda embarrising to me for not checking things out more before I bought ,,live and learn .they say.lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by weever82 View Post
I think you did the right thing. I always say this to my wife and employees... "Adapt and move on, if you don't it will make you crazy". Enjoy the move and drive safe.

well spoken ,,it's hard to do some times ,,but it's better on your health ,,and better on the ones around too..lol

Weev-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
There is one thing in my life I don't worry about and that is the material things that can be replaced. Yes it was a bad deal but it wasn't a life changing deal.
Move on my friend and hope the Idaho move goes well for you and the Mrs.

The only thing I look at is If I got the use out of it that I needed it for. If I have nomore use for it then get it out of the way.
I guess that's why I'm not a millionaire!
((I think I deleted some you said about telling me how you cant count how may thing you have lost money on before..I got mixed up andy and thought it was my words )) anyway ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

you are correct ,,I too have lost some on things before ,,but this one was a heart breaker for sure as it was a project I wanted to complete and say I done it I guess so a little harder to let go.. but I did and after a couple days now I am feeling much better.. it helps to tell you guys on here because you all are in to the chevy truck thing as I am. thx for the encouragement ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Hey there Larry.... sorry to hear about the frame but you sure handled it the right way. I just realized I haven't seen you on the board for awhile... did you sell your beautiful place? What part of Idaho are you headed to? Sunshine instead of rain might be a good thing for arthritis... Looking forward to seeing more posts from you before long!
I am waiting until spring to sell and in the meantime we are renting it out to our paster and his wife until then .. cannot leave it empty and they need a place to live until they buy another home in the spring them selves,,Maybe what they buy will be ours,, moving to Nampa Idaho ,thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCJOE View Post
Sorry about your luck with that truck.. But I think if I was you, I would just stay in Oregon. It gets mighty cold in Idaho!
I will miss Oregon as I lived here for most all my life ,,but guess what? I can sell the riding mower,I have already sold my chain saw ,axes and anything pertaining to wood cutting ,,digging ect ect ,, lol and will meet up with electrical inspector from Nampa who is on this board and check our each others trucks ..lol looking forward to seeing lots of new truck owners from the Boise area ..I will come back and visit Oregon though and take a peak at our old place once in awhile as I bet all people do ..thx for the reply
Ps..as for Idaho being cold,,you are so right,,,our plan is try the snow bird thing out with my brother who also lives in Nampa and head south..
Old 10-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
ubtripn

Welcome to Idaho!
ubtripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
big_al_71

Larry money comes and goes and you cant take it with you . Im glad you are over it and by the way real state is really cheap in south florida and we have sun all year long too....

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubtripn View Post
Welcome to Idaho!
thx ,,look forward in meeting some you from the surrounding areas at one of the car shows ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_al_71 View Post
Larry money comes and goes and you cant take it with you . Im glad you are over it and by the way real state is really cheap in south florida and we have sun all year long too....
Plan 1 is move to Idaho,,have relatives there and a nephew whos does body work and paints,,Plan 2 is head south for the winter (after this year ) but who knows might take you up on a rv rental spot some day,,lol thx good to see ya Al ,,still riding the bicyle ? I got the wife one and I still have my old schwinn Traveler..
Old 10-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #14
chevy_man5
GMC's n H.D.'s too!

When you get over here, we'll have to all get together. A group of us from around here have gotten together a few times to put names to faces, and BS most of a morning away. We are due for another BS session soon.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=427534

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=494912

1960 GMC 4x4 Babe (the Blue Ox) - Build Thread
chevy_man5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #15
big_al_71

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
thx ,,look forward in meeting some you from the surrounding areas at one of the car shows ..

Plan 1 is move to Idaho,,have relatives there and a nephew whos does body work and paints,,Plan 2 is head south for the winter (after this year ) but who knows might take you up on a rv rental spot some day,,lol thx good to see ya Al ,,still riding the bicyle ? I got the wife one and I still have my old schwinn Traveler..

Yessir I am rideing 12-13 miles three to five times a week weather permitting....

Sylvester's build thread >>>http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...ht=big+rebuild
big_al_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #16
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Wow, I had NO clue you had a second truck. Sad to see it go. I would have had a real hard time letting it go, especially if this is a retirement move? Would have been fun to find a frame, get it redone, then drop the finished body on it.

Best of luck with the move papa and be careful!
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:41 PM   #17
GOPAPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy_man5 View Post
When you get over here, we'll have to all get together. A group of us from around here have gotten together a few times to put names to faces, and BS most of a morning away. We are due for another BS session soon.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=427534

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=494912
yes ,after I get settled in and see if all we are taking with us to Nampa fits in the house and garage afrer down sizing we are attempting,,coffee and truck talk would be great

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Wow, I had NO clue you had a second truck. Sad to see it go. I would have had a real hard time letting it go, especially if this is a retirement move? Would have been fun to find a frame, get it redone, then drop the finished body on it.

Best of luck with the move papa and be careful!
thx,,yeah I bought it on 07 and bought parts from guys on this forum plus catologue ,,I know the guy who has it now and when I come back for a visit I can go give it a hug at least..lol
Old 10-11-2012, 07:18 PM   #18
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: Sorry Project ,,but I Just Got To Move On

Glad it's working out for you. There will be another truck some day I'm sure!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote