The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2008, 09:33 PM   #1
3kidsnotime

Will I kill the value of Barm Find 68 C-10

Curious as to opinoins on this subject. As most of you I love my truck but I have been pondering getting rid of it for the simple fact it sucks to drive on the freeway and fuel economy.
The truck is a 68 very clean original paint "survivor" 6cyl 3 on the tree 373 gears, very low milage original truck. you run 55 on the freeway here your getting run down and actually creating a problem and chowing gas like no tomorrow.
This is what im thinking I have used T-5 5peed transmissions in some od my muscle cars out of Z28's what I was thinking a S-10 T-5 out of a 4.3 2wd truck will bolt directly in place of the 3 speed I need to open the mount holes on the trans but thats it. They have a quite low first gear and overdrive, I can put a 308 gear in it rear and still have a good out of the hole and then a OD as well and it will shift like a car the S-10 T-5 has a forward mount shifter for seat clearance. I would get a much nicer driving truck be able to run 85 no problrm on the freeway at low rpm and much better milage, The bad I have to cut a hole in the floor shorten the driveline a couple inches and put a truck 4speed column in it, thus changing the survivor statis of it.
So whats everyones opinion on this will I kill the value or make it a better truck possibly worth more?? If I do this I will also do a build step by step on it.

3kidsnotime is offline   Reply With Quote