The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2005, 03:50 AM   #1
Jebb1978

Update for Ureckme or anyone interested...

Hey buddy, just checking in. I have not heard anything from you in a little bit. I wanted to give you an update on my collision drama. I never heard from Titan so I called them on Monday. They said they could maybe get somebody out to check out my truck by next week some time. I insisted on bringing it to them so I could get the process started, they agreed to see it on Tuesday. The adjuster was hard on the quote your shop wrote up, despite the fact that you guys are one of maybe 10 shops in town they recommend. Anyway I got lucky and the adjuster is an old truck guy and seemed to want to help me. They did quote me almost $200 shy of your shop's repair quote, but he gave me the name of a chromer that he used to get work done on his 65 Chevy. He allowed me more money to repair the bumper than it would cost to replace it (I liked that).He also said that if repairs were more than he estimated that I can just have the shop call him to work it out. He seems very reasonable, the insurance agt. however is going to try to screw me. He said that since I was making a left he may not be required to pay 100% since I may be "according to the law" a yet unspecified % at fault. He said that he will have to get back to me on it after he is able to "further investigate it". I have 2 friends that are lawyers one of which is very familiar in this area of law. She said that she will offer me any help she can for free. I guess since I gambled and refused to play the game I will just have to wait and see what happens. I think I am going to get my bumper fixed and replace my headlight door then I plan to take the rest as the begining of a body drop kit for the near future. I think that it is smarter to than paint matching 27 year old paint, I will just wait and paint it all at the same time. In the mean time it won't look too bad?
Maybe if I wait long enough I will have a garage to work in and just maybe I can con you into doing side work by helping you finish your truck first in my garage??? Ehhhh?

Don't be a stranger now,
Shawn