The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
Jdubs71

"Well it's a 69,70,71,72,73 automobile" K5 build

I have been a member for a few months now and thought that it might be a good time to start posting pics of the progress of my build. I waited a while to start posting pics because its been a very slow process. I have to go 6 months at a time before I can post pics so it looks like I have actually got something done. So I have had my 71 blazer for about four years now. It’s the second one I have owned, the first one was a 69 that I sold to put a down payment on a new truck

This blazer was actually a birthday present from my girlfriend who had no idea what she was getting herself into. I'm sure if she had to do it all over again she would have never bought it for me I bet the next time she surprises me with a truck it will be completely restored . We met a guy off craigslist to to look at something totally unrelated to the blazer. While talking with the guy he mentioned his brother, who lived across the road had a few 69-72 trucks which turned out to be about 30 trucks and one blazer. I made an offer on the blazer and he didn't take it. We left that day and I couldn't stop thinking about it.

About a month or so later I was surprised on my birthday with the same blazer I couldn't stop talking about. It ran, but had sat for years. I drove it home and it sat after that. It sat untouched for about three years so I thought it would be a good time to start polishing her up. I will post some pics of what it looked like when I first got it, and some of the progress I have made in the past year.

My plans at this point is to do a fame off restoration. I plan on doing a 5.3/4l60E swap and using the original np205 tc. I'm going to go with a 4" lift and 33" tires. My plan at the moment is to paint it yellow with a white top, its the girlfriend favorite color so I guess I owe it to her to let her be able to have a say so in the color, pus I like the look of canary yellow trucks.

Here is a few pics of it the day I was surprised with it on my birthday.

How do you like the tarp wrapping paper.

Last edited by Jdubs71; 12-11-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Jdubs71 is offline   Reply With Quote