The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-06-2014, 10:09 PM   #1
MidLifer

My 50 3100 build

I've been tearing the 50 apart over the past 2 months in my spare time, and using a time lapse camera to record it. I put together this little video of the project. I'm pretty amateur at movie-making so forgive the rough quality of this film:

http://youtu.be/mqmEbliZ9A8

Since the time the cab went into storage, I've been cleaning up and prepping the frame for POR-15, and doing little things here and there - fixing the hole in the crossmember, grinding off the broken running board mount, and starting to get the T5 ready to put in. (Doing a Jeep input shaft instead of an adaptor plate thanks to the huge amount of advice I got from Jay/Lugnut65).

Next will come painting the frame, rebuilding the springs/shackles, getting rid of the torque tube and putting in a Z28 rear, Speedway brake kit up front and dual master/booster in the stock location. Then mounting the 235 and T5 with a new driveshaft and having a rolling, running frame. Then that will go into storage while I get my shoulder repaired in the fall and hopefully in December I'll start on the body work.

Eventual goal is a stock look and ride height, solid axle front end and steelies with hubcaps and driveable radials. With luck, I'll be driving my 50 before my 50th next year!

I'll continue to post these videos from time to time as major milestones are met.
MidLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:41 PM   #2
pbeguy

Re: My 50 3100 build

That is cool.
pbeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:47 PM   #3
oldman3

Re: My 50 3100 build

Man I wish I could work that fast, nice job and nice video...Jim
oldman3 is offline   Reply With Quote