The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-05-2004, 03:04 AM   #1
low 84

does anyone have respect anymore?

okay i just have to rant because i'm furious right now. i live in apartments right now so there are always people parking on both sides of my truck, which i have always hated. whenever i see someone parked close to either side of my truck i go take a look to make sure that they didn't ding me. well i wash my truck this morning and i find a nice new chip someone gave me on the passenger side that i know for a fact wasn't there yesterday. this pisses me off severly, but i don't know who did it. now i just come home at 2 a.m. and i notice some other asshat parked their big ass lincoln right up next to my truck. i go check it out and sure enough they put a big ass chip in the paint on my drivers door. a chip about the size of half a dime. the chip i got earlier this morning was about the same size.

so how is it people are so disrespectful that i get a big ass chip in my paint on both sides of my truck in one day. i am so pissed right now that i'm about a hair away from putting a brick through their window. i personally have never let my door knock into someone elses car. i don't see what the hard part about it is. just don't park so damn close. did i mentioned i was pissed? man i'm pissed.

i don't want to incriminate myself on here but these bastards might have something to remember me by in the morning

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:34 AM   #2
78SilveradoSWB

I feel your pain...I too get royally mad too! Some people just don't care and some people go out of their way to park next to your nice and pristine car or truck. I once lived in an apartment complex with carports. The lady upstairs had a big caddy and I had the end slot, exposing only my drivers side. I had a brand new 911 Porsche and I soon had a door ding which I knew I didn't have that night and the next day I saw it. I couldn't prove it, so I ended paying $500 to fix it!

1978 Chevrolet Silverado C 10
454 BB, TH400
78SilveradoSWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 08:11 AM   #3
1980 Chevy

You hit the nail on the head when you mentioned respect. Seems like most folks don't know the meaning of respect for ANYTHING or ANYONE.
1980 Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 09:36 AM   #4
Slonaker
Insert Witty Text Here

A friend of mine once had someone do the same thing to his car within a couple of days of getting a new paint job. He was telling someone about it, and they asked if he left a note on the person's car. His response? "Yeah, with my key."

People always ask me why I park at the end of the parking lot, and on the end of a row. They are the same people who have chips and dings all along the sides of their cars from parking in the closest spot they can find.

Yes, this is something that makes me really angry as well...

Slonaker

Last edited by Slonaker; 08-05-2004 at 09:39 AM.
Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:01 PM   #5
8t5Silverado
Mudslides 'r my specialty

I totally agree.

I initially wanted a truck just to get back at the people who swing their doors into my WRX.

Sometimes I think, I am just paranoid, it will be okay, and then I get another big ol' ding/scrape.

I can understand being mad, but it's not worth the trouble.

I was so glad to buy a house and get out of apartments...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/500339
8t5Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:30 PM   #6
low 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slonaker
He was telling someone about it, and they asked if he left a note on the person's car. His response? "Yeah, with my key."
looks like me and your friend have something in common

'05 1500 Crew Cab

RIP
'84 swb 5/7 drop, solid cammed 408 w/ fully ported dart heads, th350 w/ 10 inch hughes, 12 bolt w/ 3.73 richmonds and a locker
'80 swb 4x4 in progress: 7" lift, 350 th350/np205, d44 and 1.5" ORD tie rod, 14BFF w/discs , armored diff covers, 40" MTR's
low 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:01 PM   #7
1986Silverado
What I drive

I agree!!!

People do not give a crap anymore, not even about their own properties or bodies for that matter. I have a 99 suburban and I do not ram my door into others cars even if they are the dumb a** and can't park. Next time leave this for them when they park to close! Sorry in advance for the profanity in the picture but I thought it was funny
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2004, 06:09 PM   #8
TIMSPEED

Dude, I totally feel your pain. Similar thing happened to me and my friend 2 years ago...
We were taking his CLEAN 88 IROC down to San Diego to trade a guy for an 86 Vette. So, the guy paid for our motel to stay the night down there. We got there around 1am, so we just pulled into our motel (Motel 6, but looked like a good one.) and my friend says "Dude, I'm gonna park my car away from EVERYONE just in case."...I swear to god, my friend must be a ****ing psychic!! So the next morning, he went out to put his luggage back in the car, and came back in the room and said "DUDE, SOMEONE SMASHED MY CAR!!" I was like WTF?!?! Cuz he parked it LITERALLY in the BACK CORNER of the lot, away from EVERYONE!! So, I go out with him, and low & behold someone had literally SMASHED into the front of it...it wasn't a little parking ding, it looked like someone TRIED to demolition derby the car...
Kinda strange why someone would do THAT much damage and run.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:35 PM   #9
ocbaud
Garage Queen Material

whenever i would get a ding or scatch on my truck from my exgirlfriends apartments, i would get very pissed. i never keyed anyones car's, but i would take my geo the next day and "accidently" open my door to far and leave a rather ugly mark on their car
ocbaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:08 PM   #10
Prerunner1982

I HATE APARTMENTS!! i was soooo happy to get out of them, i havent been all that worried about door dings especially now that my truck is primered. My thunderbird was parked next to my truck and again wasnt really worried about dings and such. But this asian guy that lived across from me back his 4 runner over the bumper and crushed the grille on the car, NOW that is more than a ding. I knew he did it, he knew i knew and did everything to avoid me including running to his car and taking off or running in side and slamming the door when he saw me coming. I thought about doing numerous things, including keying his 4runner, or cutting the valve stems off all his tires.. he wouldnt have to buy 4 new tires, but would have to find a way to get all 4 off and pay to have them re stemed. more of an inconvience than a $$ thing. I never did anything and he is lucky.. i have sense found a grille to replace the crushed one and i am good to go...
Prerunner1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:57 PM   #11
1969 GMC

Once when I had just gotten my first car (grampa's 1989 Buick Lesabre, 144k) I decided to give it a wash and wax, then went to see a movie with my buds. Now keep in mind that my grampa is pretty senile and the car wasn't in that great of shape, but it was my first car and I was pretty proud of it. I came out of the movie and there is really nice new dodge QC 4x4 parked next to me, and it had silver paint. the buick was dark red. there was a huge dent in the upper middle of my drivers door, with paint missing. There was a piece of dark red paint in the exact same shape stuck to the dodge's door edge. hmm...who did it?

since it was late and no one was around, I decided to get a little payback. I flung my door open as hard as I could and dinged the dodge. I kept doing it, and each time I felt a little bit better. got a few pretty good dings on the door, and finally I hit it so hard the car alarm went off. I hopped in my car to leave and when I got home, the door of the buick wouldnt open. turns out I had bent the edge of the door over, and when I closed it, it hit the front edge of my rear door and got stuck, and I dinged myself because of it
sometimes it just doesnt pay, you gotta believe in karma
1969 GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:08 AM   #12
updatelee

someone took a jug of bad milk or something and threw it on my red intrepid, sat there all day before I saw it when I got home at 5pm. like whats the point ? real nice, I just dont get it.
updatelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:31 AM   #13
brad2

I always park way in the back and I can't tell you how many times there will be a car parked next to me. There are a hundred empty spots and they have to park next to me. I always catch myself checking for dings when someone feels to need to park by me. A couple of times I have had to get in the passenger side because some inconsiderate idot parks so close I can't get the drivers door open.
brad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:54 AM   #14
K Dubb
www.Dubbmotorsports.com

oh man... some of these stories are kinda funny......... every time i park FAR away some a$$whole has to park next to me......i have started to collect car/truck parts if any one needs ANY type of hitch insert/ball ive prbly got it... and cromeies!
K Dubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 03:11 AM   #15
Dirty Dan
Oh Look Out!

Reading some of those stories made me --> Thats never happened to me, or anyone I know....yet.

"I have a lot of growing up to do...
I realized that the other day inside my fort" - Zack Galifianakis.
Dirty Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 07:00 AM   #16
STEVE A WILBURN

i was parked in a mall parking lot one day ,across from me was a mean biker looking guy in his car sitting. he was about 250 lb, when this big fat lady parked right beside him.she got out and ram her door right in his door.she was looking back in her car ,and ram it again and again,his car was rocking.he just sat there.she went in the mall. this guy got out went around and looked at his door and was pissed. he lean backon his car and took both feet with big a$$ biker boots on and kicked her door in, it looked like a car had hit it.she came back and had to pull and pull to get it to open.he was still sitting there. she didnt say a word. i knew then she knew that she had hit his car.
Old 08-06-2004, 01:19 PM   #17
8t5Silverado
Mudslides 'r my specialty

I had a manager at my work get in my car, with her umbrella still fully extended, and pulled it into the roof as she was sitting down! What the hell!

I also love it when my family members do something similar, like my stepdad helping unload groceries hits my car with my wife's door. Then what do you do?

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/500339
8t5Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 03:11 AM   #18
67_SS396

I feel your pain Ryan. I drove the new SS to work twice this week and I got one door ding, one intentional ding/scratch and a 9" key scratch. That's in two days and only a couple hours of parking. However, I have a very good idea of who did it, and they won't be having a good day come Monday.

'66 C10 - The new hot rod

'77 3+3 Dually - 12 valve 4wd conversion tow rig project

'28 Ford 2 door sedan street rod

RevLimit Offroad

"Hang on beer, we can do this."
67_SS396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 03:39 AM   #19
fine69

A couple years ago this putz at work wung(heckuva word) his door right into my car. I was sitting it it at the time. Now it was just my work car. And it wouldnt have been a big deal except he just looked at me. Got out, closed his door. Went into work. He didnt say, Oh sorry or anything. Like he didnt care.
I work in a place with litterally "thousands" of cars in the parking lot. NO kidding.
So i just waited a few days. Saw his car while walking in. And i KICKED the fender in. Destroyed it. If he has just had the courtesy to say, Sorry i didnt mean to hit your car. But he didnt. Screw him. Stupid bastard.
And i would do it again. RESPECT. Just give me a little.

Board member #6

fine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 01:50 PM   #20
1972C10
Account Suspended

I carry around a 28oz estwing framing hammer for inconsiderate people Ive seen a many of cars get dinged up at wal mart and other large places like that.

What i think the deal is stupid people who have no clue how to drive a 4.5 ft wide care let along park it next to a 6 ft wide truck.

When i open my doors next to someone that was kind enough to block me in i acutally check them to make sure they dont smack thier car
I could care less about their car just worried about my door .
1972C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:26 PM   #21
my69camaro1
Young One

:-(

Back in early 98 we went to Disney World. Had a 97 GMC Sub, got new off the lot after the 95 was stolen from our driveway and rolled, the family next to us got out ok then the grandmother (I think) whips open the door and wack. She just sits there and smiles (don't know if she spoke english), My family is sitting there like wtf as there's a ding the size of a quarter in the door and a lovely chip. Oh man it took restraint to control myself.

Back of the lot is the only way to go.
11 P71 Vic
12 Ram 3500
18 Ram 2500
my69camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:57 PM   #22
Destructo

I hate the guys who park all crooked thinking nobody is going to park next to them, WRONG, I park as close as I can to them, haha. I care about all of my vehicles, but don't take up 3 spaces, you can park in the back of the lot and i'm not going to bother you, but taking up 3 spaces is also not very respectful. I'm always VERY careful not to let my doors fly open and hit another car, I have never hit another car with my door nor had anyone hit mine that I know of. Except somebody in a white car did rub the rear bumper on the beetle, which is painted of course and left a nice white mark on it. I wasn't happy but their car was gone, was able to just rub it off luckily. If somebody messes with my truck I just take a nice big bumper and "accidently" make a mistake while pulling out, I have a nice HEFTY rear bumper with side guards and all that on the K10, it would take a crap load of force to mess it up (.120 wall steel), so it would get put to use.

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2wd 4-banger, 5 speed, Street Pack with 3.73 axle.
Destructo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 04:09 AM   #23
kevinr1970

When I was about 19 I had just bought a lifted 1980 GMC Jimmy and had only driven it about 10 miles. I was leaving work, backing out of the spot, and forgot the wheels were at full turn. Hit the gas and absolutely demolished the car next to mines fender and hood. No one is around and its like 10:30 at night. I was petrified (did I mention I had only had my lisence for about a week?) and sat in the truck for about 10 minutes wanting to get the hell out of there. Eventually I went back into the resteraunt and found the owner. He was totally cool and I can't remeber exactly what happened, but I never did have to pay anything???

Not long ago me and my GF were at a mexican place and I parked my '98 Crew cab 4x4 in the farthest spot from the place I could find in the parking lot - a paralel spot no less. Came out and this old beater Datsun truck was parked with his tailgate up against my front bumper. I asked aloud if they could park any closer and the two sketchy lookin' guys and hooker lookin' woman just turned and stared at me. I got in my truck backed up then got out to look at the front of my truck to see if there was any damage. There was none, but it still took everything I had to stop from putting it in four-low and pushing their truck in to the planter box in the middle of hwy 99. I was pretty agitated while driving home and told my girlfriend that if they had done any damage I would have done just that. She says she would have done it anyways!!! Now I know that I will someday marry this girl....
1991 GMC CrewCab Dually 4x4, just going to fix things up for now
1982/1989 K5/GMC Jimmy 2wd
1987 GMC 1/2 ton swb 2wd Crew (sold)
kevinr1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:01 AM   #24
Izzy
Trucker.

We got a nice caved in tailight and dent on the 98 from some ahole at a hospital a few weeks ago and of course no note.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 11:32 AM   #25
Destructo

My friend just told me the other day while he was at work somebody destroyed the mirror on his camry, completely smashed it, and they didn't bother to leave a note or anything.

2005 Chevrolet Colorado Regular Cab 2wd 4-banger, 5 speed, Street Pack with 3.73 axle.
Destructo is offline   Reply With Quote