The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
tcoop68
tcoop68

vintage air

I am getting ready to cover holes in firewall ,I am installing a vintage air system can anyone tell me what holes can be covered from anyone that has installed one.Thanks for the help.tcoop68

Last edited by tcoop68; 02-04-2007 at 07:13 PM.
tcoop68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Bowtie468

Re: vintage air

Are you looking at installing the 67-72 Surefit unit ? If so, you do have an option as far as the firewall is concerned. The Surefit units come standard with an ABS firewall cover for the area of the factory heater box and an ABS cover for the blower motor area. Now, as i am planning to do, you can run a 4-way Bulkhead ( such as the 384600-MBA ) on the firewall with this unit BUT you MUST tell them you plan to do so that they can configure the lines correctly on the unit. Then you can go ahead and fill all the holes for that area. Installing the bulkhead is as simple as drilling (4) 7/8" holes using a template. This info comes straight from the tech dept @ Vintage Air. If you need anymore info, give them a holler !! Great bunch of guys to speak with ! Good Luck and keeps us posted on the install !!
----------------------------------
1979 C10 Silverado Big10 SWB
Factory 454/400
Cardinal Red/Santa Fe Tan (original paint)

1969 Camaro X44 LS swap

1968 C10 SWB Fleetside (SOLD)
468BBC MultiPort TPI / Dynamic EFI P4
Black/Black

1963 Nova SS convertible (SOLD)
194 I6/ PowerGlide
Bowtie468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
boatpuller

Re: vintage air

hey,i'm installing a vintage air sure fit in my 79 right now.i know your's is a older truck.but thought you might be interested in what i;ve been doing.i chose to change things a little.i'm mounting compressor on passenger side and switching alternator to drivers side.this has turned into a bit of a headache,i've gone thru two sets of wrong brackets they sent me.had to redrill condensor mount brackets and refab alot of little stuff.the only thing that's been sure fit is the main unit behind dash.they are good tech people to work with.but if you have bracket problems call allen grove components,those guys know their stuff,and their brackets are cheaper than vintage air.also shop around, i got a couple of dealers to price war against each other.so,there is some markup to play with.
boatpuller is offline   Reply With Quote