The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
ADub

Window Seals

My 71 needs all new weatherstripping including the glass seals. Most shops won't touch it, so far I have found 2 that are interested.

The first is a local independent shop, said he would do it though he would rather go back without the windshield trim, he would need it for a couple days as he would work on it in his shop in between call out jobs. But, he wants to see it first before committing to a price and he is never around for me to stop by.

The second shop is a bit further away, independent, but a regional chain. They gave pricing over the phone, don't need to see it, but the first words out of their mouth was "we won't take responsibility for broken glass." I can understand not taking responsibility if it breaks on the way out, but breaking during install seems like it should be their deal. Either way, just the attitude makes you question their confidence.

Anyone had experiences with shops breaking their glass?
Old 10-31-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
robb67

Re: Window Seals

I had my paint shop break my windscreen, the fella said he was just having the feeling he better secure the glass that was leaning against the wall when it fell forward and cracked. They replaced it no cost to me.
I've had the windscreen out a couple times over the years and the glass shop has never broke it either taking it in or out..but I have had to return a few times due to leaks after the install....leaks they rectified without further cost.

I wonder if that is a common problem on installing windscreens for our trucks?
robb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:31 PM   #3
ADub

Re: Window Seals

I dont think it is, its just the way the salesman said it, sort of put me off. Didnt really give me confidence