The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The pre 1947 Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #1
CSHADES

Talking Where is everybody?

I joined this site a while ago partly for pre47 and also for the 1973-87 forum. The 73-87 forum has entries everyday but there doesn't seem to be much on this part. Doesn't anyone have anything they are building they want to share or questions on something they are doing or want to do? Just curious, I had never been on this site until my brother who is into the 1967-72 trucks told me about it. I am into the 1939-40 trucks pretty hard with a bit of playing with the 1941-46/47 trucks. The truck in the pics was my first attempt at building something this old. I drive it pretty much everyday in nice weather. I built it back in 1997-98 and have been driving it ever since. I also have a 39 that I am building now that I bought when I was 11. I have other 39-46 trucks including COEs.
So what are you guys doing?
Attached Images

CSHADES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:39 PM   #2
paintman

Re: Where is everybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSHADES View Post
I joined this site a while ago partly for pre47 and also for the 1973-87 forum. The 73-87 forum has entries everyday but there doesn't seem to be much on this part. Doesn't anyone have anything they are building they want to share or questions on something they are doing or want to do? Just curious, I had never been on this site until my brother who is into the 1967-72 trucks told me about it. I am into the 1939-40 trucks pretty hard with a bit of playing with the 1941-46/47 trucks. The truck in the pics was my first attempt at building something this old. I drive it pretty much everyday in nice weather. I built it back in 1997-98 and have been driving it ever since. I also have a 39 that I am building now that I bought when I was 11. I have other 39-46 trucks including COEs.
So what are you guys doing?
Most of the action is on the pre 47 "projects and build" page. Still not as busy as the 47 and up crew, but I have a build going (46 pickemup in NJ), and a couple other guys as well. Never understood why the pre 46 stuff isn't as popular. In my opion the pre 47 trucks look better then the newer ones. Maybe it's because the body parts are harder to find and when you do, it's mostly junk, or fiberglass.
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:40 PM   #3
paintman

By the way, your truck is KILLER!!!!!!!!!
paintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:56 PM   #4
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

I agree, this sub-forum is kinda slow. As more members post, more members will come.
You can help out by showing us YOUR build.
Any pics from your build? You don't have to be actively building it now. Post up pics and I'm sure it will help others on their build if they can ask you questions.
Your turn.

By the way, you don't know the Avery's do you?

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:32 PM   #5
Advanced Design

Cshades, great looking truck! I've always liked the older ones ( ok, I like them all) however there appears to be fewer of them around in general. 63 & 64 bowties has a great suggestion about sharing your build...whatever you have would be good. Nothing like a crowd to draw a crowd!
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:33 AM   #6
CSHADES

I don't have any digital pics of when I was building the 40. I will post some of the 39 that I am currently building when I remember to bring in the camera to down load them.
Mean while I don't want to sound like I am being a know it all but I have a lot of knowledge on these trucks that I don't mind sharing if anyone needs to figure out any thing. Like I said in my original post I have had my 39 since I was 11 and have studied these trucks heavily. I don't claim to know everything, but there are some interesting things to figure out when some body is hot rodding one or trying to figure out what year they have, etc.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:11 AM   #7
CSHADES

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 & 64 Bowties View Post
I agree, this sub-forum is kinda slow. As more members post, more members will come.
You can help out by showing us YOUR build.
Any pics from your build? You don't have to be actively building it now. Post up pics and I'm sure it will help others on their build if they can ask you questions.
Your turn.

By the way, you don't know the Avery's do you?
I don't know the Averys by name but that doesn't mean much because I am terrible with names. I own an auto repair and hot rod shop that does custom exhaust in downtown Portage so I have a lot of people come through the door.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:25 PM   #8
michael bustamante

i have a 41 but i dont see alot of action on this site either. sadly though i cannot contribute alot to this section yet as were waiting till its warmer outside to start on this one
Old 01-14-2016, 05:11 PM   #9
63 & 64 Bowties
and a few others

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSHADES View Post
I don't know the Averys by name but that doesn't mean much because I am terrible with names. I own an auto repair and hot rod shop that does custom exhaust in downtown Portage so I have a lot of people come through the door.
Just kidding about the Avery's. The Netflix documentary "Making a Murderer" was a story that took place real close to where you live. I just figured you'd heard about it. It was about Steven Avery.
By the way, one of the best things I've ever seen on TV
The movie trailer is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxgbdYaR_KQ

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” Gandhi
63 & 64 Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:30 PM   #10
CSHADES

That whole mess is/was on the other side of the state from me so I really didn't pay much attention to it. I have heard about it and probably will watch it.