The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
IAFF2407

needing help

Hey I hit 500 posts

thanks for eveyone's help over the past few years. This is a great place to be.

my project has been on hold for a while due to engine warranty work but now I'm good to go as long as the funds hold out. this is my build, http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=290786

1. I now have an agreement with a local high end auto wreckers for bartering on some of their parts. So here is where I need some help. I want to put a Hydro boost system in, and wanting the variable ratio power steering. I now there is a small modification needed at the brake pedal. What year donor truck do I need to look for. I would like to swap out everything, pump, box, hyroboost and lines,

2. I have a 14 bolt corp. rear from a '95 chev 2500. I'm not liking air bags on the trailing arms for the 5000 lb. trailer so I'm thinking of put a leaf spring (2 leafs) and the bags for better tracking. (anyone with coil spring experience pulling a big trailer)? so I thought why not put a disc rear, I'm keeping the 8 lug. did a '95 come with disc?

thx again for all the help and freindships over the past years, and here's to the next few and more new freinds