The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
BlkBoostedV6

This has to be a FIRST, Chopped and Stretched

Been pokin around the forum for awhile now and decide to let everyone see what were workin on.

I was working on a 70 4x4 resto and was thinking about my 68 2wd that I was planning a resto on as well and heres what was decided... I already knew I wanted to chop and slam it but it was also a long bed and I personally don't like the look so I thought my only choice would have been to shorten the frame. NOPE heres what I decided to do.

Instead of shortening the frame, we decided to strech the body. The back of the cab was cut off and moved back 14", I then took 2 good donor doors and choped 14" off the handle side and attached them to the existing door on the truck, got a donor cab (actually I have several) to patch in the floor and make the chop fairly seem less.

At this point the doors are done and we're working on the chop 4 1/2" which should be fairly complete tomorrow.

Feel free to voice any opinions GOOD OR BAD, and recommendation as to what you might do diffrently or things you would do as well.

BlkBoostedV6 is offline   Reply With Quote