The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-04-2005, 02:02 PM   #1
1972_K10

Hello from South Texas

Hi everyone,

Just moved back to my home town of Falfurrias Texas after being away for a few years. So obviously, the first thing I do is start working on my truck that has been sitting patiently waiting for me.
My father bought it new in December 1971. He was a body man at Gardner Chevrolet (later Dunn Chevrolet) here in Falfurrias. I took over the truck at 15 and drove it to high school and then college. In 1985, the water pump went out. The bracket bolt on the intake broke down inside the block when I tried to take it out. So we took the intake off to get to it and broke 4 other intake bolts! We got the intake off and got all the broken bolts out (EZouts are great!). Thats when my Dad noticed that about half the pushrods had mushroomed the rocker ends. Well, one thing led to another and I took the motor apart for a rebore. I took the front clip off to fix the radiator mounts that had broken. Then...........I got married and never had time to get back to it.
I have been happily divorced for 9 years now and I can tell you truthfully that even if I spend $20,000 on my beloved truck, it will still be cheaper than a wife!!!
I am currently cleaning out an area in the garage to build a new work table.
I have a gas MIG welder and plenty of tools to get started. I hope to post pics of my progress. Wish me luck!

Lamar
Old 07-05-2005, 11:33 PM   #2
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

1972_K10 wow that's a long time to let one sit. Hopefully you won't take as long to get it finished as you did to start on it....

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:05 AM   #3
Outlaw72
Hay Team!!