The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #1
gag1025

Vintage Air Kit

I am installing a Vintage Air system but want to use the better looking square polished aluminum bulkhead instead of the round black one that comes with the kit. It looks like the hoses that came with the system will not mate up with the new bulkhead. They sell a kit with all the fittings and SS tubing. I guess I will have to buy the kit and find someone who has a tubing bender that will bend SS tubing. Anyone who have any advice from past experience? With the amount of money I had to pay for this system they should have sent me the better bulkhead as well as the tubing kit.
gag1025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:30 PM   #2
Scottshotrods

Re: Vintage Air Kit

You will need a bulk head and bulk head fittings.You can still use rubber ac lines.If you want a s.s hose kit.We sell a kit that is made buy Gotta show and this will be a braided
s.s line kit and with fittings.They will have to be crimped by Gotta show.If we can help you out further call us at the shop at (805)485-0382

Justin
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:57 PM   #3
gag1025

Thanks Justin. I bought the Vintage Air square bulkhead from a friend some time ago. I went to the Gotta Show website. They have some nice stuff. I looked all over here locally but had zero luck finding anyone who uses SS fittings and has access to teflon SS Braided hoses. So, if I order this kit from you what do I need to do to proceed. My guess is that I need to decide what fitting angles I need. According to the information on the Gotta Show website I need to order the kit, mock up where the lines will go, mark them, and send them back to be crimped. My question is if your price is the same as theirs I would rather buy it from you.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
Scottshotrods

Our price Is better than Gotta show.You are correct you will get the kit first mark the hose the fittings on the hose.Then send them back to gotta show they will crimp them for free.If you would like to place a order call me at the shop at (805)485-0382

Justin
Scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:29 PM   #5
gag1025

Thanks Justin. I will call you when we get to that point in time. Thanks for the information and I look forward to talking to you.