The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #1
Tex_50613
Redneck Customs Bumpers, IA

Question Lift thoughts: brackets or springs?

I also posted this in the 4x4 tech forum but it's something I need to do soon:
I have a 83 silverado 20 that I currently have 3" body and 4" suspention lift on and clear 39.5 Super Swamper tsl-sx tires, I have a set of 44" Gumbo Monster Mudders that I want to put on it...... I had been contemplating making lift brackets to drop the suspention away from the chassis and give me 4" more lift but still want the truck streetable what are your guy's thoughts???
here's a pic of the truck with the 44's on it with the current lift which bairley clears on level ground......

I mud and trail ride with the truck along with driving it to and from and most of the winter (I hate trailering it)

just wondering everyone's thoughts on it and if it can still be a decent ride after being done also I am not cutting the body anymore than I already have to clear the 38.5's with 7" of lift (notace the modified front fenders), I am slowly making this a nice truck that I will still play with and I Hate how they look with the body buchered all to hell to stuff big tires with hardly any lift.

and just so this is clear I run a fab shop so I know I can build what I need but want the best result when done and if custom brackets isn't the way to go I'll just buy new springs.

Last edited by Tex_50613; 01-11-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Tex_50613 is offline   Reply With Quote