The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #1
tincan1966

Wanted to say thank you

I thought it necessary to post a thank you, for the messages and encouragement over the last week. Doctor says wasn't really a full-on heart attack but what they are calling " an acute cardiac episode" basically a wake up call or a warning sign.

I completed my stress tests yesterday and the good news is the Doc says everything looks pretty good, heart-wise, just need to get a grip on losing some weight and eating better.

Thanks again, this sure proved what a great group of people there are on here.
tincan1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
Indian113

Re: Wanted to say thank you

I know how ya feel! My Doc told me he wanted to see less of me at my next checkup! Cutting back on the good food is tough,exercise is even harder. Good luck and good health to you.
Indian113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
FetchMeAPepsi

That's good news!
For me when I start to get heavier I shut down on eating almost altogether. It's harder when you have kids because you still have to feed them (and not steal some!) but I cut back to one snack the size of three fingers at 4pm then one meal a day - dinner. And I eat whatever I want for that till I'm full. Then I don't eat again till the next day at 4pm.

It works but you have to have a tinker activity for when you're hungry because you'll get bored and start snacking again. I fiddle with computers or on my truck, piddling around. I don't do any exercise at all. Despise it really. Who has time for boring activities, right?

Anyway, that's just me. I get mad at myself when i get heavy so that helps. Also helps to know you can go 3 weeks without food so dying isn't really an option (if youre the dramatic type). You'll get to a good weight pretty fast this way.
See My Build - Cecilia!
Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.
FetchMeAPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
1963c-10

As a paramedic, heart problems are one of the leading causes of men, and most of the stressors are avoidable. Fats, sugar, salt, smoking....all the finer things in life. And Ive dealt with more cardiac calls than I care to think of. Im glasd that your ok and doing fine. Id hate to think of losing any members here and glad it all worked out for you.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=619024
1964 Short bed trailer
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #5
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

I'm glad to hear you are doing better, and recognize the need to make a change. I will say though, please do follow thru with what you need to do to avoid any further heart issues. Just this last September, I lost a friend of 30 years to a heart attack. He had his first one 7 years prior, and for a while he seemed to be making some changes in his eating habits, but he slowly slipped back into his old routine. And then he had a second that I did not know about until he had a third and final one. I know it is hard to make major changes, but do it for not only yourself, but your family and friends as well.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote