The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
Slammed70

So Im picking through the local yard the other day...

...and I came accross this LWB 71/72. When I asked what he would take for the tilt column, he told me thats his personal vehicle. And would only let it go as a complete truck as is for $3500. No, its buried in the middle of the yard with 100+ cars packed around it like sardines. I was barely about to get around it....it was so tightly packed.

He tells me its a factory AC/402BBC/TH400. So I look it over, no SPID, one fender has the 400 badge on it, the other doesnt have any badging, the metal bed was so dented and ate up I would be scared to put my range bag in there.

The interior was even more ate up, seat was torn to bits. There was 50 carbs and other varies parts thrown around in there, and a converter leaking all over the passenger side foot well. AC vents were under the dash, so Im thinking its not factory. And the small hump....which I know a TH400 wont fit under.

Under the hood....no valve covers, no carb, full of leaves and other debris, the factory AC looked like a late model mini-compressor with brackets made out of angle iron and carefully bent re-bar.

Theres no point to this thread.....I just wanted to let y'all know about the gem I found.

Last edited by Slammed70; 03-26-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Slammed70 is offline   Reply With Quote