The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
Slammed70

Carnage.....

I got the night off so Im cruising down the highway around 1am just out for a drive. Got the a/c off, windows down, radio off, cruising around 30-40mph just listening to my turbo whine at me.

Then !BOOM!.....

I hit this ****ing deer.

And the assholes at the insurance company are gonna total it because they cant find the parts, even though I have most of the parts in my basement and can fix it for almost nothing.

Anywho.....Im back to driving the 70. I pull it out of the garage. Its got a little more rust in the usual areas than I remember, but its still sexy. I take her down to the carwash and give her quick bath. I get home and let it sit for a few hours. Now the damn thing wont start. It will just crank and crank until the batery goes dead. It ran fine before I shut it off. Usually when this happens it the little "bushing" I call it that fits inside the dist. between the coil and the rotor. That thing usually breaks for some reason every couple of months, I dont know why. It physically checked out OK, but I replaced it anyway because it wouldnt hurt and I have a stock pile of them. No...that didnt fix it. So I turn my attention to the fuel side of things. I can see it squirting through the carb down into the intake, not to mention I can hear it from inside the cab with the door open. And I can smell it too something fierce. So I assume its getting down to where it needs to go.

I guess somehow the little fuse thingy that goes into the back of my meter is blown, because it wont read nothing but being out of limits on any setting I put it on. Other wise I would check to make sure Im getting atleast 12v to the dist. And I cant find my testlight anywhere. Its wired into the key-on part of the fuseblock though, and the radio and **** still work so I dont know why it wouldnt have power.

Here in a bit Im gonna pull the plugs and see how fouled they are. I havent changed them since I bought the truck almost 4 years ago. And the damn meters broke so I cant check resistance in the plus wires either...

Lol, any other ideas?