The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2017, 08:48 PM   #1
Cdubvw

V belt routing

Hello, new to the world of American cars and am having some trouble figuring something out. It seems as there are a few different options for accessory mounting depending on water pump styles. I am battling an annoying very loud squeel that begins at 2.3K Rpms and does not quite down. My belt is new but I feel like it is not routed correctly. The alternator has 2 pulley groves and it is running the outer grove to the power steering pump to the center crank pulley and ends on the inner water pump grove. There is 1 belt running everything. The truck has ac but it not running the belt due to a seized compressor. Crank has 3 pulley groves water pump has 2 power steering has 1 and alternator has 2. The alternator is mounted on the drivers sid and the ac compressor on the passenger side. Does this seem correct? Vehicle in question is a 71 suburban that started life as a v6. Thanks !
Attached Images

Cdubvw is offline   Reply With Quote