The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
r8edx2000

6-lug disk conversion question

Does any body know if the hub diameter on the 6 lug conversion disk kits is smaller than that of the orignal drum hubs. Because I've heard the hub on the drums is too large to fit newer style oem wheels and would need to be machined larger to be able to mount them to my 67 c10. Thanks in advance.
r8edx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #2
tcb-1
Nothing to see here.....

Re: 6-lug disk conversion question

Quote:
Originally Posted by r8edx2000 View Post
Does any body know if the hub diameter on the 6 lug conversion disk kits is smaller than that of the orignal drum hubs. Because I've heard the hub on the drums is too large to fit newer style oem wheels and would need to be machined larger to be able to mount them to my 67 c10. Thanks in advance.
I just got my McGaughys drop spindle and disc brake kit from GMCPauls. (By the way THANKS Amber!!)

Anyway, I'll check tonight and get back to you.....

THANK YOU to our American Soldiers & Veterans - POW MIA "You will NEVER be forgotten".

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. Thomas Jefferson
tcb-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 12:02 AM   #3
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: 6-lug disk conversion question

I think the issue is whether the wheels are Hubcentric or Lugcentric, which means, "How do they become centered on the centerline of the hub?" If the wheel is hubcentric, then it is designed to fit a specific diameter hub. If they are not compatible, then you have another issue.

I have not tried to mount a later-model wheel on my ECE disc brake rotors, but there have been numerous posts about "Do they, or don't they?" fit.

What I have learned is that I can't put a stock 6-lug wheel on my rotors because the backside of the wheel won't clear the caliper.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote