The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #1
Clay63

63 stepside project New-OldSchool

So just to give ya guys how this truck came to be: my girlfriend told me she wanted another vehicle to we can haul all of our gear around (scuba, skydive, etc.). I, owning a 2001 Boxster S and a 70 K5 with a 350, and her owning a 2013 Audi A5 (which is worth more than both of them, and currently hauling the gear) I had to agree. I hopped on the ol craigslist to see if maybe I could grab a 90 Cherokee for cheap, or maybe an s10.... When I saw this..... It was love at first sight. One owner, all original farm truck with 73,500 original miles. I went the next day with cash in hand and paid the gentleman a whole $2800 which, I'm sure went straight to his wife who was the motivation to sell her in the first place. So now I have her to turn into a reliable daily driver. She's getting a new bed, new paint, body work, etc.. But as much as I want to keep this beauty completely original, I know I have to trade in her ol 230 straight 6 for a vortec 4.3L FI with auto trans to make her do what I need her to do. And so it starts:
I introduce ya'll fine gentlemen to Stephanie. My '63 Stepside C-10.
Attached Images

Clay63 is offline   Reply With Quote