The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 01:05 AM   #1
TooT

race videos of the 69...check em out guys!

I just got a brand new 2008 Trailblazer SS....it just cant keep up with the ole 69!! i'm so proud of it...i love them both so much! enjoy and leave me some comments if you like

videos deleted because of the crybabys

Last edited by TooT; 06-16-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
70GMCer

Re: race videos of the 69...check em out guys!

imo......you're both nuts!!

1965 Mustang
Old 06-16-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

but if made for a great video!

I'm proud of your '69, that was sweet!!!

So what are you running?

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
Old 06-16-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
TooT

the 69 has a 350 with dart pro 1 aluminum heads....bored 30...AED carb. the trailblazer ss has the LS2 400 in it. i had a few threads on the c-10 before as we were building it but i've not been around in a while.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #5
Tom Vogel
2WD Jimmy

Isnt there a drag strip near by?
Old 06-16-2008, 11:13 AM   #6
TooT

yeah we have bristol dragstrip but i guess were just dumb and stupid for doing it on the road right? theres not any roads coming out to the side of this highway and u can see a mile each direction....it's safe enough for 2 or 3 quick runs...it's not like it happens everyday.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #7
Jim_PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooT View Post
i guess were just dumb and stupid for doing it on the road right?
You pretty much hit the nail on the head
Old 06-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
TooT

I'll just delete them from here and pretend like i never posted them...and to think i actually paid money to this site!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #9
lts70
1970 Daily Driver

I wan't to see.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #10
Jim_PA

Quote:
I'll just delete them from here and pretend like i never posted them...and to think i actually paid money to this site!
WAAAAHHHHH!!!

Hopefully you took them off youtube too. It would be pretty easy to shred your drivers license after seeing the videos.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:09 PM   #11
TooT

It's amazing that these people accept people like you to even come on this board.....i've met some nice people from here and bought and sold and learned so much from this site....mind your own business and stay out of my posts and threads.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #12
royo

Hay bud dont let these people bother you. now with that said i want to see the vids .

Last edited by royo; 06-16-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #13
Jim_PA

People get killed doing this type of thing. Not a matter to be taken lightly. I'm sure the local police would love to see the video too, maybe send it to them
Old 06-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #14
royo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_PA View Post
People get killed doing this type of thing. Not a matter to be taken lightly. I'm sure the local police would love to see the video too, maybe send it to them
Why dont you lightin up just a bit there bud
Old 06-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #15
TooT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_PA View Post
the local police let me borrow a radar gun to check my speed in a 1/4 mile....think of something else.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #16
Jim_PA

OH, then by all means, carry on then.

Old 06-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #17
chevy72blu

Wow, this thread failed.

Post the vids and leave them up if you want us to see them. I for one, would like to. Streetfire.net is specifically for them. This site also has a racing specific forum that you would have gotten a slightly more positive response.

Other than that, chill out. No one is attacking you or trying to piss you off, people were just (logically) stating that street racing is stupid, dangerous, largely uninformative about the performance of your vehicle and shouldnt be encouraged.

http://www.rasr.info/

Edit: And, Jim_PA is a good guy who has a fast truck and is active on the board. You shouldn't be suprised that we "accept him"

'72 C20 SWB convert. 5 lug, LS1/4l60e

Last edited by chevy72blu; 06-16-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:46 PM   #18
Jtrux
I'm a poor spectator

Okay so let's see some vids.....

1993 Chevy 2500 4x4 ExCab LWB 454/NV4500 Tow rig

1977 Ford F100 2x4 LWB 1st truck I owned, still have it!!!

1979 Ford F150 4x4 SWB Built Ford Tough!!!

1971 Chevy Blazer 350 / SM465 / NP205 UNDER CONSTRUCTION Soon to have a LQ4 6.0!!!
Old 06-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #19
TooT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy72blu View Post
Wow, this thread failed.

Post the vids and leave them up if you want us to see them. I for one, would like to. Streetfire.net is specifically for them. This site also has a racing specific forum that you would have gotten a slightly more positive response.

Other than that, chill out. No one is attacking you or trying to piss you off, people were just (logically) stating that street racing is stupid, dangerous, largely uninformative about the performance of your vehicle and shouldnt be encouraged.

http://www.rasr.info/

Edit: And, Jim_PA is a good guy who has a fast truck and is active on the board. You shouldn't be suprised that we "accept him"
no thats fine accept him all you want. i havent been on here in a while because of work but i have been a member a month longer than he has.... but he has more posts and probably knows more people. i guess because i didnt sign back up and PAY for another year that i dont matter to this site like he does. my 69 dont matter because it's not show quality i guess. oh and my bad for posting in the wrong section. thanks to everybody that helped us on here in the past on our 69. it's all yours JIM....me and my videos are moving on to the tennessee board where we are actually appreciated and not hated.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #20
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Quote:
no thats fine accept him all you want. i havent been on here in a while because of work but i have been a member a month longer than he has.... but he has more posts and probably knows more people. i guess because i didnt sign back up and PAY for another year that i dont matter to this site like he does. my 69 dont matter because it's not show quality i guess. oh and my bad for posting in the wrong section. thanks to everybody that helped us on here in the past on our 69. it's all yours JIM....me and my videos are moving on to the tennessee board where we are actually appreciated and not hated.
wow, next time try reporting the post or maybe PMn an admin about an issue. If you want to stereotype the entire staff for a pissing match with a user then by all means go post elsewhere... the tennessee board you speak of is a sister site to this site, made up by members of the truck club (which formed and is housed within this sites) tennessee chapter... so i guess the haters are everywhere...

with that said, thread closed.. not even wasting my time with warnings infractions etc cause its just that.... a major waste of time

btw street racing is not only stupid, its illegal as well.. most of us have done it at one time or another.. we usually just dont get our panties in a major wad when someone calls us on it
Old 06-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #21
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

TooT, I really don't get why you are so offended?
Street racing is in fact illegal and unsafe. You don't have to like it or even agree, but the board has legal responsibilities. We cannot encourage or condone anything illegal.
How well someone is "accepted" has nothing to do with the length of time or post count...you really shouldn't look at those things as "status".
People who are active are more well known, whether that is good or bad has mostly to do with what they have to say and how they say it.
Try not to be so judgmental, Jim is a good guy. He wasn't even the first one to say something about it, yet he gets all of the grief?

I an certainly not going to insult your intelligence by suggesting that you are the only one to ever do it, plenty of us have. But I wouldn't have defended it as an OK thing to do.

Not to say that no one ever got hurt at a sanctioned track either, but Medical help is there and the chance of hitting someone else is greatly reduced.....and it's legal.
Closed Thread