The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2004, 08:10 PM   #1
Stepsides 4Ever
Stepsides Are Bedder

Throttle Rod To Cable Conversion

I'm going to convert my throttle rod setup to a throttle cable type from a '71 that I got from the boneyard today. I noticed that the square hole for the cable is about 1 5/16" on center directly below the hole for the plug connection for the tail light/brake light wiring, but I neglected to measure where the mounting for the accelerator pedal is.

Can one of the fine members of this board take a measurement for me, using the center of the plug connection hole as a reference? So, if you were to drop a perpendicular line down the center of both holes (plug connection hole and square hole), how much down and right (facing firewall) does the lower hole of the pedal attachment need to be? In the attached photo, my existing hole is about 1/4" to the right (dotted line) of center, and about 4 5/8" down from center.

Also, the rubber bushing that secures the cable to the cable bracket at the carburetor was split, meaning that the cable won't be secured in the bracket. Is there a fix for this, or do I need to replace the cable? Are they still available?

Thanks!
Stepsides 4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote