The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
Dustytrix

Unhappy 04 5.3 pin question

I was double checking my wiring harness tonite and found that I do not have a pin on c1 connector position f2. According to ls1 swap the pink wire from e2 will power up f2 thru the fuse block, but I don't see how if there is no pin inside the c1 connector at f2. Am I making any sense ?
Dustytrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
clinebarger

Re: 04 5.3 pin question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustytrix View Post
I was double checking my wiring harness tonite and found that I do not have a pin on c1 connector position f2. According to ls1 swap the pink wire from e2 will power up f2 thru the fuse block, but I don't see how if there is no pin inside the c1 connector at f2. Am I making any sense ?
According to my diagrams F2 is a orange Battery hot wire, E2 is not used.

Ive used the factory fuse box several times.....You only need 2 wires on C1....

A9 Curcuit #3....will need to be hooked to the Main Ignition Hot from your Ignition switch....This wire "powers up" all the Ignition feeds on the engine.

C9 Curcuit #1020....will need a Fused Ignition Hot ran to it, This wire powers the transmission. I dont know why GM didnt power this curcuit through the underhood fuse box. If your not running a "E" trans dont worry about this curcuit.

If your going to run Cruise you will need more curcuits from C1.
Attached Images

clinebarger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
clinebarger

Forgot some
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #4
Dustytrix

Thanks for the info, but I am trying to make the harness a standalone and thought that only the pink and orange wires would go into C1 connector. I was using the info from lt1 swap and might have misunderstood what I was reading. But its not to late to swap them again. oh yea I forgot to state this is 04 harness,engine,and computer. Sorry for the confusion I am not good at asking the right question. Thanks again Clinebarger
Old 04-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #5
clinebarger

Quote:
Thanks for the info, but I am trying to make the harness a standalone and thought that only the pink and orange wires would go into C1 connector. I was using the info from lt1 swap and might have misunderstood what I was reading. But its not to late to swap them again. oh yea I forgot to state this is 04 harness,engine,and computer. Sorry for the confusion I am not good at asking the right question. Thanks again Clinebarger
Are you talking about the fuse box plug thats wired to the engine harness?
If so that connector is called C2 NOT C1. Got a link to the site your using.

This is MY opinion....Nobody get their underoo's in a wad.
There is NO reason not to use a factory under hood fuse/relay box, Why cut up a good harness & use cheap aftermarket crap fuse boxes???
Old 04-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
Dustytrix

My mistake it had been a long week. Yes I am talking about the c2 connector. I put 12v on the c1-a9 pink wire and traced to the c2 connector to find out which pins have 12v switched power last nite. I located the pins hardly any match up to the info I read on ltswap. Can I just use the pins the are receiving 12v switched power since I will be tying c1-a9 to the pink that feeds my coil on my 92 silverado. Also I located the pins on c2 that would have 12v batt power and none of the pins matched as far as batt & switched power, so I am hoping I can just relocate the pinks to the switched power and be ok. But I will wait for your advice again.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:02 PM   #7
clinebarger

Quote:
My mistake it had been a long week. Yes I am talking about the c2 connector. I put 12v on the c1-a9 pink wire and traced to the c2 connector to find out which pins have 12v switched power last nite. I located the pins hardly any match up to the info I read on ltswap. Can I just use the pins the are receiving 12v switched power since I will be tying c1-a9 to the pink that feeds my coil on my 92 silverado. Also I located the pins on c2 that would have 12v batt power and none of the pins matched as far as batt & switched power, so I am hoping I can just relocate the pinks to the switched power and be ok. But I will wait for your advice again.
Here's a C2 pin-out for a 04 Silverado 5.3/4L60E, Read the pin-outs looking at the "pin" side Not the "wire" side.

Its hard for me to help you do a harness somebody else's way....
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2012, 10:03 PM   #8
clinebarger

Last one.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #9
Dustytrix

Thanks for the pin out locations, although some still don't match the ones that are getting power from my c1-a9. I am hooking a battery charger to the a9 and reading power with a multimeter and all fuses are installed and good. I guess it could be because of the style truck some fuses were used differently? I really do thank you for trying to guide me in the right direction. I thought maybe a relay powered up some fuse is why I put 12v on it. Does any of this make sense to you?
Old 05-01-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
clinebarger

C1-A9 powers several fuses & the Ignition 1 relay, Sounds like your on the right track!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Dustytrix

Thanks again for your support Clinebarger. I hope to start my swap next week.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #12
BenfromTruro

Sorry for bumping this thread back up, but I didnt want to start a new post when I'm just wondering If this information is still valid using the fuse box from an 05 truck
BenfromTruro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 04:46 PM   #13
kloschke

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinebarger View Post
According to my diagrams F2 is a orange Battery hot wire, E2 is not used.

Ive used the factory fuse box several times.....You only need 2 wires on C1....

A9 Curcuit #3....will need to be hooked to the Main Ignition Hot from your Ignition switch....This wire "powers up" all the Ignition feeds on the engine.

C9 Curcuit #1020....will need a Fused Ignition Hot ran to it, This wire powers the transmission. I dont know why GM didnt power this curcuit through the underhood fuse box. If your not running a "E" trans dont worry about this curcuit.

If your going to run Cruise you will need more curcuits from C1.
Hello, new to this, but you said you need more circuits for cruise to work on an 04 factory fuse box. What on else on C1 on the fuse block needs power for this? This is my second conversion but first with using the factory underhood block. Trying to be make this easy, but this article is the only post ive found on an 04 UHFB. Any help would be appreciated.
kloschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 10:18 PM   #14
clinebarger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloschke View Post
Hello, new to this, but you said you need more circuits for cruise to work on an 04 factory fuse box. What on else on C1 on the fuse block needs power for this? This is my second conversion but first with using the factory underhood block. Trying to be make this easy, but this article is the only post ive found on an 04 UHFB. Any help would be appreciated.
I will bring my notes from work & get back to you, I've done 3 '99-'02 style fuse boxes in a row & I don't want to give you false info.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:58 AM   #15
ls1nova71

The 3 wires you need for cruise are on the C100 connector, its right by the C1 connector, but doesn't go to the fuse box, it goes to the under dash harness. The wires are in pins A for set/coast, its dark blue, L for on/off switch and S for resume/accel, gray/black. Your cruise switch will also need ignition power, that is the fourth wire in the cruise switch on a GM one.

5.3 swap into my RUSTY '71 C10
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversion...71-c-10-a.html
ls1nova71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:54 PM   #16
kloschke

awesome, Thanks for the cruise info. That's what I needed. One more thing, On my 04 fuseblock C1-E1/F1 and C1-F6 seem to go to most my pink wires on C2 connector. My C1-A9 connector goes to C2-B7 which is black that the above diagram shows to be a ground and B4 which is empty on my C2 Connector. SO it looks like C1-F1 and F6 need to be hot with the key on. ALso C2-E11 seems to need power from C1 C9 to make it hot when the key is on. I did all this checking with an Ohm meter. This conflicts somewhat with this post?

Last edited by kloschke; 03-29-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:09 PM   #17
clinebarger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kloschke View Post
awesome, Thanks for the cruise info. That's what I needed. One more thing, On my 04 fuseblock C1-E1/F1 and C1-F6 seem to go to most my pink wires on C2 connector. My C1-A9 connector goes to C2-B7 which is black that the above diagram shows to be a ground and B4 which is empty on my C2 Connector. SO it looks like C1-F1 and F6 need to be hot with the key on. ALso C2-E11 seems to need power from C1 C9 to make it hot when the key is on. I did all this checking with an Ohm meter. This conflicts somewhat with this post?
Your over thinking this, A9 is the trigger for the Ignition 1 Relay, If you ohm that circuit to B7.....It will have continuity because B7 is the ground for the relay coil.
Pull the Ignition 1 Relay, You will no longer have continuity between the 2 circuits.

A9 C1, Run/Start feed from your ignition switch.
C9 C1, Needs igntion power for the Trans.
C12 C1, TCC Brake/Cruise Release, Wire to a dual brake switch, Hot with brake released, Open with brake depressed.
C1 D5, Orange, DLC pin 16 power. Cigar Lighter fuse.

F1 C3 (Red), Grey, Fuel Pump power.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:59 AM   #18
kloschke

Yes I did overthink this way to much. That was to easy. Thank you so much for your help. I have it powered up now! Thanks again.