The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
Scottcoda

I want my power steering but the snow needs to go!!!

Whenever I travel to a different area I always do a craigslist check a few days before I plan to arrive and yesterday it paid off.. I found a power steering set from a 69 GMC 250 6 banger that I could have for 100 bucks.. When I called the current owner I asked him if he had all the parts, brackets, pullies etc etc.. He said he had everything I needed for the power steering because it is still on the original truck but could not get to it because it is covered in a ton of snow. Lucky for me the current owner was very nice and will hold the parts for me!!
I am very excited to hear that the power steering is still intact on the truck so that I can make sure I get everything I think I need. JUST NEED THE SNOW TO GO!!! Any advice as what not to forget or anything you think is helpful when pulling the parts please chime in!!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
19673ontree
CAN'T FIX NOTHIN

Re: I want my power steering but the snow needs to go!!!

I ended up with parts from several different yrs for my 67 my main brackets are from a 68 chevy truck but then I added air conditioning to my truck and needed a 3rd pulley which I found from a 63 nova just get all the pullies and bolts , good luck
19673ontree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Scottcoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19673ontree View Post
I ended up with parts from several different yrs for my 67 my main brackets are from a 68 chevy truck but then I added air conditioning to my truck and needed a 3rd pulley which I found from a 63 nova just get all the pullies and bolts , good luck
I kinda of remember seeing somewhere that someone had an issue with the spacing on the crank pully and the cooling fan.. Wondering if I should grab the 69`s fan as well..
Old 02-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #4
Wizo

Send the snow that you have to much of to Sochi Russia. I heard they don't have enough there.
Wizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:34 PM   #5
Scottcoda

Since I made this post I have been calling the man who has the power steering parts every week to remind him that I was coming for the parts. I even offered to come and shovel o the truck but no worries he woula the parts were for me I called him to day to remind him that I was coming tomorrow to get the parts and you know what he said??? "I SOLD THE TRUCK 30 minutes ago" I nearly freaked out.. After talking to him he told me that the man was coming to get the truck tomorrow, I told him if it did not work out he should call me right away... crushed I hung up the phone.. 15 min later he called me and said he felt so terrible that he called the other guy and told him that the powers steering parts were promised to someone else. So happily I am going to get the parts tomorrow!!! WOOT!! So glad people still keep ttheir word!!!
Any last minute tips on what I should not forget or any tips for the uninstall please post away!!! Thanks guys and wish me luck!!
Old 04-16-2014, 01:04 PM   #6
sboris

Definitely the original bolts and belts as to use for reference when lining up and replacing..
71 short step-sold
71 chevy Beauville van
My build.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=633039
sboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
Scottcoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by sboris View Post
Definitely the original bolts and belts as to use for reference when lining up and replacing..
Thanks.. Definitely gonna try and get every little thing I can.. I am also bringing my GOPRO so that I can record the set up before and during the uninstall.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:25 AM   #8
swamp rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcoda View Post
Thanks.. Definitely gonna try and get every little thing I can.. I am also bringing my GOPRO so that I can record the set up before and during the uninstall.
How about a bunch of plane ole snap shots? can you take them from a go pro vid? On another note i think you scored, i paid much more..

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote