The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
HiEyeAmChris

Still working on that linkage

I appreciate all the help on this issue so far.

The guy I had scheduled to put a clutch in it noticed that the upper clutch rod was pretty misshapen and cracked.

I swung by the same yard I picked the linkage from and went back to the same truck (a '68). Its pushrod is straight while mine (see pictures) has a unique shape. I checked another '68 and a '69 - same straight upper rod. I found Brothers online who have them in stock but they show the same straight rod I found on the other three trucks while listing it as compatible with all 2WD V8 trucks.

Just as a side note I did (just for sh*ts and grins) try to fit the straight push rod. It doesn't clear the opening in the firewall with enough room to connect to the bell crank.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the upper rod I have vs the straight rod? Also if cutting a small relief in the firewall will allow the straight rod to function?
Attached Images

HiEyeAmChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
airdale94

Re: Still working on that linkage

You may have to get the bell crank (Z-bar) also. Best to find a truck with everything and grab it all. Randy (TeeItUp) may have the rod you need.