The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2022, 03:07 AM   #11
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Monday @nickwheeler came around and we carried on with the exhaust pipe

Starting at the down pipe flange, measuring, cutting and welding the straight pipe together.

Short video clip. CLICK LINK.

https://youtu.be/P17LbbgotUs

Resulting in this.

A load of jiggery pokerey and push and pulling later, Nick extended the over axle exhaust section as it became apparent that the anticipated route of the pipe was not ideal when I realised it could go over the rear shock and axle, not between them.

Having cut the straight pipe to accommodate the bend in the initial position it now needed about 50mm added onto it to reach the straight sleeve.

In the mean time I found some 12mm rod to add to the chassis and exhaust to fit the rubber hangers to.

Some serious bending and banging later these went on.

Both done, a few more to make up.

Time thieves, but they all need making up.

Some tight spot grinding, and welding.

All good fun ehhh?

Getting us to this point.

Now the next hour or so was spent along with other bits of time, trying to make the rear box @kevins had donated, fit in the space available as a side exit was also out the question.

In the end I decided to order a shorter, 315mm long, 2 inch exit/entry rear box from Jetex on Ebay, in black so it blends.

Another Ł50.00 scattered to the hobby gods.

Delivery expected Thursday.

Hopefully cutting and shaping the over axle pipe to get it shorter and mounted higher won’t take half a day, and then the box and a tip attached to the rear as well as the hanging brackets that need to be individually made and shaped before welding them on.

Once we had the car off the axle stands where it had lived the last week, I measured the lowest point on the exhaust with two passengers loaded and like the front crossmember it came to 90mm or 3 inches.

Seemed pretty low……….

BUT

Looking at the year 2000 Mazda MX5 dimensions it seems it was a low car to start with.

4 day week this week.

Day job squarely in the way of fun, but have bought 4 more exhaust hanger rubbers and a couple of other small jobs to fit in after hours.

More about them later.

Thanks for checking in and posting your replies, opinions, and advice.

Much appreciated.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote