The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-15-2005, 09:25 PM   #1
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

67 C10 LWB Chassis Run!!! PICS!

Tomatocity (AKA Tim) has bought an almost complete 67 c10 lwb rolling chassis in Diamond Springs. He is one of those guys that is allways first on scene for the best deals in the cruisin news. I'm beginnin to dislike him We are going up tomarrow early a.m. to pick it up.

Was thinkin if anyone in the locale was up to it, maybe we could meet at Poor Reds or something.

And yeah I know, this thread is worthless without pics.... Will see what I can do for ya.
Rich

Last edited by chickenwing; 07-17-2005 at 06:52 PM.
chickenwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 09:04 PM   #2
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Got no replies for the Poor Reds idea. Way late notice. Never was one for pre-planning. Tomatocity and I left the valley at 7:20 and got there with no problems. Truck was at a beautiful home on a hillside surrounded by live oak. Owner was a cool guy into a variey of cars Tim is better qualified to describe. Had an older shop next to his home I would have like to tour but the owner had to split and you just dont go pokin in a guys garage!
More to follow...
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2005, 10:16 PM   #3
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

We managed to get the truck off the hill to the driveway without running over anyone. Of course it has no brakes! Here's a few pics after we got here trailored...

On the way to we saw this beauty on the side of the road... We just had to stop on the way back.

We stopped off at the worst carwash in Eldorado County in order to vacuume out all the leaves and rubbish. Place had 3 vacuumes. 1st one did not suck. 2nd one nearly caught on fire do to exposed wires. And the 3rd one did not suck either. Oh well, it was bio-degradable. And here is the addy of the worst carwash in Eldorado County!

We then drove by a digital temp sign around 10:00am it read 99 degrees. Went and had some $6 blt's at a local deli and drove by that same sign a half hour later. It now read 102!!! Stopped by a friend of mines house in Shingle Springs to show off our trucks. Ok, well.. I was hoping he would pop a bottle of his home made merlot. Dear God it's good stuff! No luck there. Darn! We shot the poop a while and split after some more of his friends showed up.

Got her over to Tim's and after a very nice job of backing a double axle trailor (if I do say so myself) into a very tight drive...

Tim airs up the tires to make it easy to ROLL.

Tim and I both were happy the truck was ready to come off!! It had to be 105 or so. It was around 2:00pm.

And then, disastor!! We released the come-a-long to what we thought was a securely chocked truck and...

A floor jack and some muscle and she was safely back on the ramps. No visible damage to the truck and definatly no damage to the trailor. We got her in the back yard and I promptly side swiped (barely, ok? we were WALKING!) his shed. The heat got to us and Tim decided discresion is the better part of valor and called it a day. We will finish putting the truck to bed when it is cooler.

All in all, we had a great day. Hope yall like the pics.
Rich
Old 07-16-2005, 10:56 PM   #4
68C15
blood type; Retumbo

top of the line post there!
when I saw the first pic of the camper special I thought "so, where's the for sale sign?". then POW!!, there it is. then I thought "how about a close up of the sign?" then again WHAM!! then I thought we need a pic ot the trailer, tow rig of the correct vintage, & the new buy. BAMMO!!

sounds like you guys had a great day, aside from all the inconviences.
Man rule #77...if you own a 67 stepside with a caddy 472 you will never be in danger of loosing you man card
68C15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:18 AM   #5
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

first of all....awsome pics. Not just the shots, but the pic quality. what kind of camera was used?

As for the storry...that's awsome. a tail of crappy to dowenright sh!tty events...yet y'all are still smiling...well, there is a clean 67 body in the mix...I'd be grinning too.

Whats the plans on the 67?
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:25 AM   #6
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

Great story!
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:40 AM   #7
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

the namer of this thread had me confused the first couple days it was up....To most non californians, Eldarodo is a caddy, not a town.
I thought we were makin a run for some left over caddy parts...and was wondering why it was listed on this poart of the board!
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 06:50 PM   #8
chickenwing
Lovin' Life in Miss.!

Thanks for the heads up on the thread name. Thought never occured to me... Geography does count. Say Eldorado to me and I immediately think GOLD COUNTRY! Wish I could re-name the thread.

We had a great time! The events that occured just add to the story tellin!

Camera used was an Olympus CAMedia C-720. Was top of the line 5 years or so back. Pic quality was mainly due to great light. Lots of sun right now. Other reason just dumb luck. I suck as a photographer. Wife and oldest kid have the knack for it, not me.

Won't speak for Tim on the plans. Bet he will chime in soon. I will say the cab corners need some TLC and it came with new cab corner patch panels. Tim and I are signed up for the welding course at the local JC...
Old 07-18-2005, 12:15 AM   #9
tomatocity

I can't thank Rick AKA chickenwing enough. Well I guess I could but after 304 months of everyday hearing me telling him he is a GREAT GUY with a Heart Bigger Than Lance Armstrongs. Rich volunteered to help with gathering the truck while using his truck and borrowing a trailer from one of his buddies. We also ended up doing it on the third day of 105F+. It took us from 7am til 4pm and most everything went well. When I left Rich's home he was playing in the water on a huge water slide with most of the kids on the block. Get the idea of what Rich is all about. I hope all of you have a friend like like since it would make your lives more fun and hecka better. I know you are not like this, but I owe you BIG TIME.

Ps - a glass of Gar's merlot would have been wonderful.

Pss - Gar is another person like Rich. He happens to rebuild AMC's, grows and makes wine, gathers his own trees to make lumber and makes anything out of it. His barn is framed with oak harvested off of his land. Rich is very much like Gar and visa versa.