The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #1
hamjet

transmission change in near future!!

Good afternoon peoples; I'm planning on changing tranny's this fall from a sag. 3 speed to a 200-4r I just picked up out of a monti carlo (CZ).. I know, I know, 200-4r's, no good, junk, but I'll have to deal with it. The other dreaded thing is I'm not rebuilding it either, ( I like living on the edge). If it doesn't work out its just my labor involved, after all what else would I do...I didn't see it work but was told it was good (YEP!) Just a filter change, I have to get a floor shifter, TV cable and bracket for holley carb, I'll make a cross member, new starter to bolt to the block instead of the bell housing like the setup is now. I'm only doing about 250 HP now so it should be OK... I'm old so I don't do smoking burn outs like when I was a young whipper snapper, I just want to be able to cruize along the highway with every one else... ( thats all I have to say about that)....
Attached Images

Last edited by hamjet; 08-12-2014 at 03:57 PM.
hamjet is offline   Reply With Quote