The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
Real_McCoy

Letting my 66 Go

The 66 I have now has seen better days. Last year it was a near miss with our large oak tree that came down over her. Came out with a few dents that could probably be fixed.

Among the scrapes and bruises, the girl needed a head gasket, a radiator, brakes all the way around, rebuilt suspension front and back, sheet metal replacement in most panels. This is the start of a long list of things that need fixed or replaced.

After long consideration, I decided this truck was too much of a basket case to rebuild. I am giving her away to my brother-in-law. I was going to scrap her, but he insists on giving her new life. He has a sentimental attachment to the truck as it once belonged to his dad and other reasons. I agreed to give her to him on the condition that the truck is not driven until it is road worthy once again.

I will introduce Jeff to this site and this group when I take the truck over to him.

I was sad that I would no longer have the 66 and no excuse to come to this site. Then yesterday, I found another 66 that appears to be in better condition in regards to sheetmetal listed on Craigslist. I am going to go look at it this weekend. The price is good. It has an out-of-state title which has me mildly concerned, but I am sure it will be ok.

At any rate, with a bit of luck, I will have another ride from this series and will continue to visit this site. Besides, my 11 year old insists on owning a 66 Chevy PU. He loved the old red beast, but agrees that we can probably replace her and be money ahead.
Real_McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
gulffishin

Re: Letting my 66 Go

That's good at least it didn't go to the scrapper. I know what you mean, looking back I wish I would have been a little more selective while truck shopping. After I bought mine it seemed like I found a new problem and a better truck everywhere I looked, but I'm in too deep to sell it now LOL
gulffishin is offline   Reply With Quote