The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2002, 05:31 PM   #1
cali_surfer

? about brakes

I've slowly been saving some money to dump into my truck and have a couple questions about brakes. The only things I really have left to do are do the front disk swap and get the gas tank out of the cab. I figured I'd do the disk conversion first. I have a 69 with power drums. My truck is already lowered 2/4, and I want to take it down to 4/6 with the drop spindles and springs. Anyway, back to the questions. I was searching the archives but couldn't find anything really on this. I want to reuse my existing brake lines as much as possible. Mine are on the back of the crossmember and I heard the 71/72 trucks had the lines on the front of the xmember. Is this a problem or do they have to be moved? Also, whats the deal with the brake hoses? Drums are behind the spindles, where the disk hoses are in front.... is this right?? I'm just trying to anticipate any problems. I'm buying all new parts *spindles, 6 lug brake kit, etc.* This is such a common topic around here I should have payed more attention, but all this information becomes a lot more critical when it starts applying to yourself. Tell me anything I should watch out for. Thanks!!!