The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
silverpete

cab mount perches?????

Is a 74 frame differnt from an 86? if so is it more than just the front frame horns? I mounted my 86 cab on teh 74 frame last nite and just noticed that teh rear of the cab is sitting lower... WTF... I thought I was runnin a head of the game... Anyways anyone here ever run into this issue, If so what do you do to make it work.? I still have my old frame and was thinking about cutting the rear cabmount out and bolting it to teh frame im using...

I bought the 74 frame because it had been sand blasted and painted and it was $100... i was told that the only difference was the front frame horns..
silverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #2
ChaseDale3and8

Re: cab mount perches?????

The frames are a little bit different starting with 1981 model year, but the bodies will interchange from 73-87. The big difference betwwen them is the body mount bushings are different. Just buy some new body mount bushings for the year of frame that you are using, not the cab and it should resolve your problem. ...Joe
Old 05-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #3
old Rusty C10
Robert Olson Transport

exactly what he said i had the same problem

1951 International running on a squarebody chassis

"If a man's worth is judged by the people he associates himself with, then i am the richest man in the world knowing some of the fine people of this board"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...t.php?f=25&a=9 (you can review the site rules here!)

PM Me for your vehicle/parts hauling needs in the North East US or see my Facebook page Robert Olson Transport

Live each day to the fullest.. you never know when fate is going to pull the rug out from under you...
I hate cancer!!
old Rusty C10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
silverpete

Thanks guys, I didnt have the issue with the cab mount bushings the plasma cutter fixed that, My issue was the cab mount perches seemed lower about a half inch or better.. I just cut my old cab mount cross member oout of the twisted frame and bolted it to the new frame it took alil time but the cab sets level now.. But im sure the right bushings and cab mounts would have cured it..
silverpete is offline   Reply With Quote