The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-18-2010, 01:13 AM   #1
RuralRoute C-30

Greetings from rural America

Hi all,
I've been reading this site for a few months now and decided it was time to step in and say hello and thanks for such a great site with tons of information! Being a carry-over from the impalassforum circumstances has led me here now with my "newest" chevy ride, purchased just before Thanksgiving 2009, but ignored until this week. Yet now this 1979 C-30 chassis-cab with flatbed has risen on my list and attention of things to do finally!

What kept this on-hold was the fact that immediately after I bought it a close friend, who helped in driving it home, wanted to buy it. Being how he is a good friend, I offered to sell it if he could come up with the cash I paid. No cash to date and so it is time I get to work on this project and for what I want to eventually see in this truck, it is going to be a job!

I just licensed it this week and it runs great. But it has the usual rust issues and a few things more to bring it back to 'new' again for me. So this site has me already making a list to save $$$ for a 'build budget'!

Yes, I always wanted an older round head lighted flatbed dually, something to restore and use here on the farm as a working truck. Years ago had a 59' 1-ton GMC, but was younger and it was older(and in a lot worse shape than this one) and we parted long ago. Now my plans for this will be giving this truck a new life as funds and time allow and having aged to know when to ask questions... with the help of this site I hope to learn a thing or two in the process. (did I say what a great site this is???!!!)

With this and that said, appreciate this infinite source of old fashion common sense and knowledge shared by all who have either 'been there, done it' or are in the process of discovering how to 'get there and make claim they did' in the process of restoration and maintenance of these trucks.

Hope to keep on learning as well as sharing this new adventure I have began with this 1979 Chevy C-30.

Granted the wife only knows so much to this point and rarely ventures into the shed. Hopefully this will last for as long as...until she starts noticing the truck "changing".

Anyway...look forward to the adventure!
Mark
aka: Ruralroute C-30

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Last edited by RuralRoute C-30; 01-18-2010 at 01:14 AM.
RuralRoute C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 01:39 AM   #2
Jerry Jones
Happy Camper

Re: Greetings from rural America

Good looking rig.

Welcome aboard from Northern California!
Old 01-18-2010, 02:59 AM   #3
RuralRoute C-30

Thanks Jerry,
Figure tomorrow being a 'holiday' will allow me some shed time if the weather stays nice. Was too cold to work in it earlier this month. This truck is literally as it was when driven 60 miles home in November. At least it is not bothered by cold weather!

First thing on my agenda is to uninstall those toolboxes and take inventory of the rust and make a list of parts to start sourcing. Decided to create a photo history of this today as a start...and another project begins!

"Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there."
~ Will Rogers

RuralRoute C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:22 PM   #4
1ATony

Welcome to the site.
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote