The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

View Poll Results: Shall I build it into a SWB?
Keep it a LWB for sentimental reasons 18 46.15%
Screw it! Build it into a SWB! 21 53.85%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-23-2003, 04:33 PM   #1
kxmotox247

Tough Decision to make

Here's a tough decision to make. I'm getting ready to do some work to my 68'. The first order is to start with the frame. Right now the truck is a LWB truck(fleetside). However, the frame is bent on my truck.
Here are my options:

1) Straighten my lwb frame. It's been hit hard in the front. The sheetmetal is crooked on the frame but it holds in alignment. If I straighten the frame, I would keep the bed that I have.

2) Buy a SWB frame and bed. Build my truck into a swb truck. I really like the way short box trucks look. The problem is, it really won't be "my old truck" after I make the dramatic change. I'm already replacing both doors and front fenders. The only sheetmetal original to the truck will be the cab, hood, grill and a few other misc pieces.

So what should I do? Say screw sentimental value and build a swb? Or fix up my lwb truck. By the way, this was/is my first vehicle and it's a 396 CST truck (non-numbers matching).

Help!!!!
kxmotox247 is offline   Reply With Quote