The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
kkari

-90 C1500 6.2 diesel time to turbocharge the bastard!

Hello every one! im writing a little project story of my Detroit diesel enigined c1500! the truck has been on the road now about a year as n/a engine. Now is time to put turbo on place! i build the motor year a go with new mahle oversize pistons,bearings,cam,seals and everything. Compratio is little under 20:1. Turbocharger is garrett gt35, exhaust manifolds are from 6.5 td engine with my own custom adapter pipes......downpipe is 3,5" and goes down to 2x2,5 under the truck. Intercooler is going to be water to air type but i dont have the parts yet because they dont seem to be exist in the whole country rightnow! when i build the truck and motor it was clear as sky that is going to be turbocharged. So some parts and things are chosen to support the pressuresing thing! Facet liftpump has been under the truck to get better start and give room for the turbo oil returnline. ARP headstuds have been chosen to keep cylinder heads on place etc. I put some pictures when i get the pics to my laptop, now i writing this thing wit tappled oh sorry my pad english writing skills, its been a while when last time wroted
kkari is offline   Reply With Quote