The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2016, 08:11 AM   #1
tfielder1

Question Is this a good choice? Truck Purchase

Hi guys, new to the forum. First post. I live in Cincinnati and I currently have a passion for motorcycles. I have my first child on the way and I am trying to sell one of my bikes to buy something a little safer. I want to do a restomod low budget lm7 swap on a 68-72 short bed truck but I am brand new to this game. My dad has owned his own mechanic and body shop all his life so I have a good reference, I am mechanically inclined, master at the school of google searching, but my dad is 3 states away and restomods are not really his passion. So I ask of the forum for advice on my first purchase. After much looking I have all but handed the cash over on this truck and I want some opinions on whether I am getting a good deal and if this is a solid truck? I want to start bare bones so every part can be considered as I go. The price for the truck without the engine is 3k and I think he is firm. I do see a bit of rust on the rockers but do you think this is going to be a good choice or does anyone see a problem here? several pics in the post and I would appreciate trained eyes.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/cto/5643562733.html

Thanks for the advice. I realize by posting this someone could jump in and swipe the truck from under my nose but hopefully yall are good people and if that happens it was not ment to be.
tfielder1 is offline   Reply With Quote