The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2004, 09:16 PM   #1
85Silveradoin04

broke this and broke that which begins this question

I'll try to keep this short.

So after doing some reading on the Holley site and gathering other information from competitiors of Holley, it was determined that the Holley 650 double pumper was not suited for my build up. More or less because I am running it with a stock stall converter and auto trans, also, it is recommend for a vehical which ways less too.

The 600 vac secondary is my prime choice. Bought one, went to put it in. Bolted it down to 10ft lbs and them CRACK!!!. Broke the backside lower plate. AHHHHHHHHHHH. Kinda confusion because the 650 has been taken off and put back on several times and bolted to those specs with NO issues. To top if off, I am still struggling with this AN crap.

Seeing as I wanted to get back on the road, I pulled out my old Q-Jet. It was rebuilt alittle while ago, choke has some issues though. Man, did I forget how big those secondaries are! I bolted everything up (10ft lbs too) and went to check WOT, seems like I might have a mis-alignment or some stretch in the cable as WOT uaing the peddle opens the secondaries to about 80-85 degress. I can manually achieve 90 degress by using my hand. Thus I have this question, Any way I can fix this 80-85 at the peddle?

Last edited by 85Silveradoin04; 06-19-2004 at 09:56 PM.
85Silveradoin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 11:01 PM   #2
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

your engine will likely never need that much fuel, so i wouldnt worry about it much. the QJet is rated at 750 cfm, but only gives it to the engine if it needs it.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote