The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2018, 09:59 PM   #1
nickmomrik

68 C10 Horn Button Assembly Order

I recently bought a 68 and the owner had the horn wired to a button where the choke was. I'd like to rewire it back to the steering wheel, but I'm having a hard time determining the order of assembly. It seems like I've tried everything. I can get the relay to fire when connections are made, but I can't get the proper pieces put on so that the steering wheel button is actually pressable. At times the button won't even connect into the cup and other times, it fits on, but it's tight so can't be pressed.

I've tried the order described by LockDoc at http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=426902 but then the button won't even go on. I think part of my problem may be I'm not sure when the washer and nut for the steering wheel should go on in the process and not sure if the washer is possible too large.

The previous owner gave me a box of parts and I think there are pieces here from multiple different years of the C10, which makes it all so much more confusing, especially when trying to compare to the LMC Truck catalog, which seems to be wrong from what I've read.

I'll attach a couple of pictures showing what I have.

Any help would be awesome! Thanks!!
Attached Images

nickmomrik is offline   Reply With Quote