The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #1
76er

Engine Mount And Axle Help

Hello again fellows, don't get on here often, work out of town 5 days a week but need some help.Trying to make some desicions on what coarse to take on my 56 pick-up. Sure some of you guys have the latest LMC catalog, on page 37 it shows items 34-0301 engine mount and right below that item 34-0305 cross member engine mount. What is the difference between these mounts, has anybody out there used both that could recommend one or the other. Next question, Wanting to lower the front end of my truck but i will not spend $3500.00 for a mustang 2 front end, that would go a long ways toward my son's college education that i'm paying heavily for but am considering the 3" dropped axle that places like LMC and Brothers sells but it seems like it would put it so close to the ground that if you hit something it would take the front suspension out. Has anyone out there used this axle that could make some recommendations? One last question, want to put a seat in out of later model vehicle with fold down center armrest (bench seat no buchets), can anybody make a suggestion as to what kind of vehicle i could go to the salvage yard and rob one out of? Thanks for your help.
76er is offline   Reply With Quote