The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-18-2015, 07:11 PM   #1
BigBassFiddle

New Guy In Arizona

Hey Everyone,
I'm a new guy looking for parts, advice and anything else that may help me put this 1971 long bed in to respectable condition. I also have a 1970 short bed basket case I am parting out. I'm not the most Internet capable guy so any help is appreciated. So AZ people feel free to comment and if I could get some direction on posting etiquette especially in regards to the for sale postings it would be a great way to help out the new guy.

Thanks,

Jay
BigBassFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:16 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: New Guy In Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassFiddle View Post
Hey Everyone,
I'm a new guy looking for parts, advice and anything else that may help me put this 1971 long bed in to respectable condition. I also have a 1970 short bed basket case I am parting out. I'm not the most Internet capable guy so any help is appreciated. So AZ people feel free to comment and if I could get some direction on posting etiquette especially in regards to the for sale postings it would be a great way to help out the new guy.

Thanks,

Jay

Hi Jay,

Welcome to the board. You have to be a "Premium" member to post "what's it worth", "wanted to buy", "want to trade" and "For Sale" items.... If you click on the word "Subscribe" in the menu bar above it will give you information on the different subscription levels.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:22 PM   #3
BigBassFiddle

LockDoc, thanks!
If I'm parting an entire truck does premium membership cover that or do I have to bump up to high octane member?
Old 03-18-2015, 07:35 PM   #4
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Quote:
LockDoc, thanks!
If I'm parting an entire truck does premium membership cover that or do I have to bump up to high octane member?

Premium membership would cover that If you bought to use parts off of and are just selling the stuff you don't need.... If you part multiple trucks then you would probably need to bump it up.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:41 PM   #5
BigBassFiddle

Thanks! Don't think my wife will let me drag anymore trucks home.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:35 PM   #6
MagmaJct

Welcome to the board BigBassFiddle,

I too like in Arizona, and own a '71 lwb Fleetside. I live in the eastern part of Maricopa Country. Where about are you?

My truck is very close to bone stock, if you need any assistance, or pictures, shoot me a PM (Private Message!)

Best of wishes!

--Mike

The C10 and the Super Beetle run, the Fastback is just not there yet!

Please visit my Super Beetle and Fastback profile on TheSamba.
MagmaJct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:39 AM   #7
mechanicalman

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Thanks,

Jay
Hi Jay-

I'm in Glendale, not far from Phoenix. If you ever need help with anything or wanna grab a cup of coffee sometime, send me a PM and we'll get hooked up.

TP
mechanicalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 02:14 AM   #8
FirstOwner69

Tom Korinek (on forum as "t korinek") is in Mesa and sells used parts on the parts for sale forum. He is also usually at the frequent swap meets at Glendale Community College. http://www.justsellitautomotiveswapmeet.com/

I believe there is "Vintage Chevrolet Swap Meet" there this weekend according to this Craigslist ad. http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/pts/4934942501.html

Arrowhead Truck Parts sells reproduction parts is at 8662 N 78th Ave in Peoria, has a website and is also usually at the Glendale swap meets.

Welcome to the forum!!!
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:12 AM   #9
alsriv2

Location: Formerly MD and San Diego, now loving life in Arizona

Hello and welcome to the site!
I live in the 43rd and Peoria area and although I work in San Diego currently, I am in town frequently and am trying to get my truck up and running quickly. Don't need much in the way of parts and such, just time to complete the engine installation.

2012 Ram 3500 Dually Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins
2014 Palomino Columbus 340RK 5th wheel
'69 Chevy C10 396BB
alsriv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:35 AM   #10
cooperhw

Welcome to the club.

I also live in the far east valley on the eastern edge of Mesa. I was going to also point you towards Tom K. who sells parts. I bought two donor cabs and after I got what I wanted off them hauled them to Tom. He can take the time and cut off parts and pieces cause that's his business. I don't have time to package and ship etc.
Anyhow, he's a great guy and fair on his prices.
My current junk project;
Attached Images

cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:58 AM   #11
Jurassic-1

Nice to hear there are new local members. Welcome aboard.
Jurassic-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:09 PM   #12
Sandemonium
Proud owner of a 55.1 AD

Welcome to the site.

Lots of great information and people willing to help along the way. I too will recommend Tom, he is local and can usually get you what you need quickly.

Bob
Sandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:42 PM   #13
mechanicalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhw View Post
Welcome to the club.

I also live in the far east valley on the eastern edge of Mesa. I was going to also point you towards Tom K. who sells parts. I bought two donor cabs and after I got what I wanted off them hauled them to Tom. He can take the time and cut off parts and pieces cause that's his business. I don't have time to package and ship etc.
Anyhow, he's a great guy and fair on his prices.
My current junk project;
Nice tractor, love the concept.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:31 AM   #14
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
Nice tractor, love the concept.
Thanks. Gonna be a short bed step side dually. Don't see them everyday. Or ever.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:52 AM   #15
Lees68GMC

WELCOME to the board, from the Mile High city Preskit. I lived out there looking at the Sups just off of Mountain Road near AJ a long time ago, big city now.

I'd turned 14 years old when my truck was NEW. I think we ALL do parts, one way or another just to keep these babies
Attached Images

"No matter what happens, nobody gets out alive"

Last edited by Lees68GMC; 03-20-2015 at 09:10 AM.
Lees68GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 10:07 AM   #16
Longhorn 70

Jay, another welcome from the east valley....

Thank you for asking about etiquette. I just started blamming out the posts..... Your way is much more board friendly.

If you all get together, let me know please. I am always looking for a reason to get out.

OH and about Tom for parts, I just bought some stuff from him. Fair pricing and a nice guy.

And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Gal 6:9
Longhorn 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #17
mechanicalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhw View Post
Thanks. Gonna be a short bed step side dually. Don't see them everyday. Or ever.
Before I start asking questions, do you have a build thread?
Old 03-20-2015, 11:48 AM   #18
mechanicalman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn 70 View Post
Jay, another welcome from the east valley....

Thank you for asking about etiquette. I just started blamming out the posts..... Your way is much more board friendly.

If you all get together, let me know please. I am always looking for a reason to get out.

OH and about Tom for parts, I just bought some stuff from him. Fair pricing and a nice guy.
We should do a swap meet type thing? The good ones always have food, sometimes even entertainment but looking at old parts is entertainment for me LOL.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:51 AM   #19
magicoolbus

Hi Jay, welcome to the board from NE Mesa. I needed some headliner bows for my suburban and had very good luck at 'Desert Valley Auto Parts.' Others have not had such good luck there, but it is a fun place to poke around. Also, I use "Search Tempest," a craigslist searching tool for a specific search radius around my zip code. Good Luck
1962 VW Beetle
1957 Willys CJ5
magicoolbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:21 PM   #20
BigBassFiddle

Thanks everyone! I was in a car accident and been dealing with all that the past 48 hours so my apologies for chiming in late. For those that asked I'm on the border with Glendale at Thunderbird and 35th Ave. So I will be reaching out to the westsiders primarily. The big thing I'm trying to get past is the 3 on the column. I can't get it right. Also someone put the wrong throughout bearing in just before I bought it and I smoked the clutch almost right away. Put in a clutch and just had a drive line made for it, the 2 piece was screwed up from somebody putting u-joints in with a hammer. Desert Valley has a lot but they have quoted me ridiculous prices, I could bus a whole parts truck for what they want for some things. Heard the father passed on and the son is in charge now so maybe they have brought some of the prices in to the reasonable range, I will have to check.
Attached Images

Old 03-20-2015, 11:15 PM   #21
desertnick69

Welcome from the north valley, Deer Valley wants both your arms and legs for some of their stuff. Tom K is good source, also there are a few other places with parts.
Welcome!
desertnick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 05:35 AM   #22
53burb

Welcome to the board. I live in Queen Creek, but I am from Glendale/Peoria. I go there often. I have a 69 Burb. Maybe we should all meet. I need a kick in a.s to get working on mine again. Life got in the way for awhile. I, too, have bought parts off of Tom. Great guy to work with.

Chris
53burb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 03:05 PM   #23
BigBassFiddle

I'm up for a group meeting. I have the parts truck and we could see who has what. I'm also getting ready to sell a 1965 truck that starts with the letter "F" and shall not be mentioned in this forum. It's rough and a project if not a parts truck but runs and drives.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:19 PM   #24
desertnick69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53burb View Post
Welcome to the board. I live in Queen Creek, but I am from Glendale/Peoria. I go there often. I have a 69 Burb. Maybe we should all meet. I need a kick in a.s to get working on mine again. Life got in the way for awhile. I, too, have bought parts off of Tom. Great guy to work with.

Chris
I am up for it Mine is not on the road yet but that the problem here Right! Just where and when.
desertnick69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #25
mechanicalman

Quote:
I'm up for a group meeting. I have the parts truck and we could see who has what. I'm also getting ready to sell a 1965 truck that starts with the letter "F" and shall not be mentioned in this forum. It's rough and a project if not a parts truck but runs and drives.
I think a swap meet would be a perfect venue for a group thing. Of course, I won't be buying or selling anything to/from other board members without proper membership credentials. Of course I might buy or sell with the swap meet (if I decide to come back and rent a space, lord knows I should).

What we outa do is rent a space TOGETHER at the swap meet and save $.

"F" stuff sells at swap meets too. I heard they usually have extra tow trucks on hand in case someone buys one