The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Just about time to convert the '68 to disc W/ drop spindles. Just what will I need.

Just got back from the Bend, OR flashback cruise and I'm irritated with the rake/stance of my truck. I'm going to pull it down another 1"-2" all the way around. I currently have some nice JDM tubular lower control arms with a 3" dropped spring pocket. The directions said a 2" shorter spring is the max with these and they were not kidding. I first tried a 3" drop and the geometry was really messed up. As it is I have a total of 5" but need around a 7". I figure the best way to do this is to convert to disc, run a dropped spindle and a short spring. Were I get confused is I was told the lower ball joints in the 6 lug lower control arms are different than the later ones. Guess it really doesn't matter now because I don't have them anymore. I guess this is the list of questions I need answered:

What lower control arms will I need (I just want stock)?
Can I get 7" of drop with spring/spindle combo without jacking up my front end geometry?
What type of master will I need with the disc? I DO NOT want a booster!
Lastly...is there another or easier way of accomplishing this? I am not interested in sectioning the crossmember.

Here is the truck which many of you have seen more than once. I'm really thinking 1-2 inches would really perfect. Keep in mind that this is a prostreet theme and you usually don't have any room between the tire and fender well on any prostreet vehicle.

Funny.....as I just posted this pic, the stance looks pretty good but I think it's the camera angle. There really is too much air from body to top of tire. Come on......where is my "bagged" buddies? You know what I mean!
Attached Images

prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote