The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #1
Kyle@FTP

Front suspension for street/drag

In collaboration with Funkhouser Racecars Freds Truck Parts started designing and are just starting to make the R&D parts for a streetable dragrace style front suspension. Based off an A body spindle, tube arms and tube style crossmember. All to help reduce weight, improve geometry and give unlimited options when it comes to front brakes or spindle mount wheels.

We are aiming to make this a commercially available product so you can run it in the classes that require "commercially available products" to make the car/truck legal.

I want something that is "dragweek" compliant, light and strong. I searched the ol interwebz and couldn't find anything that I was really happy with. So we decided to bring it in house.

After we have this the way we like it, we tackle a "bolt in" style rear four link. The issue there is the customer will need to weld on axle brackets. but thats a month or 2 down the road. A 8.50 legal "do it yourself" cage kit is also in the works.

Attached Images

Kyle@FTP is offline   Reply With Quote