The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
BAMBAM66

Getting the 66 3/4 ton back on the road

Hi Guys! have been on browsing this site for much needed restore help.
Have learned a lot and look forward to sharing what i know.

My pleasure is a 66 C20 with small block 350, 4bbl qjet, 3 sp granny with shift moved to the floor. 1st PO started rebuild and sold it I got from second restorer that added the Cragar rims. Bought for wife as anniversary gift in 07 but was in the middle of our house remodel that would not stop. Now she is ready for me to make it GO!!

Over the years I have replaced brakes system, brake and fuel lines, drums front and back, axle bearings and carb. Thanks to this site have properly wired alternator and HEI ignition. Have some play in steering and shifting is hard but is drive able.

Now what i am struggling with is I want add dual exhaust with headers, I have the magnaflow 16643 stainless exhuast kit and a set of ceramic coated headers,which hit the tranny Xmber on passenger side and the clutch linkage on drivers side. I was thinking of using a Xmber with a double hump from a later model GM truck. I am out of my knowledge zone on this, some advice will be appreciated. Oh BTW! My wife named her BAMBAM!! "The Flinstones will roll again"
Attached Images

BAMBAM66 is offline   Reply With Quote