The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #1
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

71 chevy c-10 by Blair, NE (not mine)

I had a job down in Blair, NE last week and drove by this truck for sale just east of town on Hwy 30. No price listed. I called to check, but no answer. After thinking about it the past few days, I decided I have enough to do and will pass on it. But because someone else may be looking, I'm posting the info here.

Phone # was 712-642-2703
71 Chevy Custom/10, looks pretty much unmolested and solid. There was some surface rust, and I'm sure if you could find rust if you got underneath it (I didn't), but overall, I was impressed. Compared to what I normally see up here, it was nice. Body was straight, no major dents at all. Completely original. Steel bed floor, covered in snow, but I checked the rear corners and no holes. Tailgate straight and solid. If original, it has a 307, 2 bbl, automatic, AC, but no PB or PS, grill was pretty good, painted front bumper, no rear bumper. This was just a work truck that seems to have been well cared for. Last licensed in 2005 I think. No battery, but I think it was pulled to prevent theft. If the price is right, it looks like a very good start of a project or even a daily driver.

If anyone buys it, send me a picture when you finish it. I was thinking about just getting it and taking it in for fresh paint and driving it as is. I guess it would be just like miine used to be, but in better shape.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote