The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-19-2008, 11:59 PM   #1
RickSharp

Question Hi, noob here with a ?

Hi all, brand new member. Looks like a great and active forum. Kind of surprised to find a group this size for these old beasts.

I bought my 72 GMC 2500 in 1993. Got it from the second owner. Didn't specifically want a GMC. Just wanted something with a camper on it to go to the desert in. It had about 52k miles on it and the camper had been on it since it was almost new. The outside was a little dull but the inside was really clean. It had a miss in it because of a bad valve. Fixed that and had it painted and redid some of the chrome. It came with a lot of original documents like the Protecto plate/ warranty guide, owners manual and build sheet. The truck was built in California and has stayed here all its life. Been a great truck for me. It now has 68k miles on it and I haven't driven it anywhere in a couple of years. Still start it up and drive it up and down the block every month.

My question is how late of a model is this one. The build sheet says 06/15/72. I was just curious if anyone would know when production ceased on the 72 or how many came after this one. Thanks in advance...Rick

RickSharp is offline   Reply With Quote