The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
1956cameo

70' 402 long block

NEW PRICE FOR WHOLE TRUCK!!!! $1,000
I really don't have time to part it right now so im lowering the price on the truck as a whole unit! This is a take it or leave it price NO NEGOTIATING!!! Really would like to have this sold by this weekend!

After having this truck for sale as a project since early June and still no sale I figured that maybe this is better as a parts truck than a project truck. Right now the only thing for sale is either the long block (block, heads, oil pan, valve covers, and intake) for $500; or the whole truck for $1,000.

No other parts will be sold until the engine is sold. If you buy the engine I will give you first crack at any other parts you may want to purchase. If anyone is interested in buying the whole truck I will sell it to them before selling the engine and parts. I really do not want to part this truck out!

The engine has the original 402 big block. It has been running and driving around the yard; however the starter is slipping on the flywheel (Just started doing this). The starter is a fairly new magnetic starter so I think the flywheel must be getting worn. Even with the condition this truck is in I know it is well worth the asking price due to the high value of all the big block parts. This truck would make a great restoration project or you could use all of the big block parts to properly and completely convert your short bed truck to a factory big block truck.

The truck is complete except for the A/C compressor and some of the A/C brackets. The cab is decent with typical rocker and cab corner rust, doors are solid, tailgate is good (small dents and one small rust spot), hood is good, front fenders need patches or replacing, and bedsides need replacing due to dents. I have the title but not in my name. I can give it along with a bill of sale. Also I have ran the VIN and it shows to not be stolen and doesn't have any liens on it. For further information please feel free to ask me questions or read my truck for sale ad below linked up by Hart Rod.

Also this truck is for sale locally so there is a chance it could get sold before a transaction is made here. I would prefer to sell to a board member thought so I will check this ad regularly. The only reason why I am willing to let this truck go so cheap is due to me trying to purchase another vehicle. If that vehicle sells before I sell this truck I will either keep this truck or go ahead with my plans to part it out. Not trying to scare anyone into making a rush decision just want people to know what is going on.

If anyone wants to get prices and get in line for any parts now that is fine just remember that I will not sell them until the engine is sold, and as long as the engine purchaser doesn't want the same parts as you.

'72 blazer 2wd build

67-72 Factory Big Block Registry

Last edited by 1956cameo; 12-07-2009 at 06:09 PM.
1956cameo is offline   Reply With Quote