The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2005, 06:25 PM   #6
coltfan

Got some pics, will upload them later. They lot also had a 67-72 type chevy. But looking at it, it is in worse shape. And with oil leaks every where.

I did more thorough looking on the 63, it is a chevy. Must have ahd it mixed up with another truck. It has a v-8. Looks to be original or at least pre HEI. It is a manual tranny, which I miss driving. They aired up the tire. The interior is in pretty good shape. The seat only has a couple of torn spots, none much longer than 3 inches or so. It has the original steering wheel and dash, with a newer stereo added. Has a 3 gauge cluster mounted under the dash.

Now for the body and rust report. It has rust in the passenger cab corner. This is the worst spot. I might have to go up 12 inches or so from the base to find clean metal. Looks like somebody used too much bondo to try and fix the problem. The lower portion of both doors needs at least a little work, more so on the passenger side. There is one or two little rust through spots on the floor board. One you can see through the driver's side wheel wheel. But overall the floor looks fairly solid. Hood is straight and only has a little surface rust bubbling, very minor under the lip. The grill is super straight. The one area that really concerns me is above the windshield. There is some serious bubbling there. I have pictures of it. The utility bed is solid with very little rust that I can see. It does have a spare tire in the bed portion. The bed itself does not run the whole length, there is a compartment in front of it. Also at the very front of the bed, there is what looks like a gas tank and a spot for the spare tire.
coltfan is offline   Reply With Quote