The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #1
tobiahr

blazer bed floor removal/replacement

Got zero responses in paint and body so i'll try here (moderator can move/remove the paint body post if needed)

I have just started the removal of the bed floor on my 81 Blazer and was wondering if anyone had pics of the removal of one of these or advice on the best way to replace? I have some basic idea of how I thought it should be done but have never done it and basically wanted to see if I was even remotely correct in my assumptions.I am removing a good floor from a donor body so I am drilling the spotwelds at the rear of the bed on the frame support and aroung the perimeter under the bed where it attaches to the fenders and unbolting it at the leading edge. I plan on leaving as many of the supports as I can on the floor so i can replace as complete a unit as possible. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Suggestions? Anything helps as this is my first MAJOR body repair.

After googling and looking at about 3 pics found (thats all there was) I think the entire bed floor can be unbolted from the fenders and frame with the exception if 2 welds at the tailgate posts. can anyone confirm this?
tobiahr is offline   Reply With Quote