The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-22-2006, 11:39 PM   #1
Still Looken

Custom Emblems For GMC

I have a 1969 GMC pickup, that I am having restored now. This thing was passed down from my Grandpaw, to my Dad, to me and now I want to pass it on to my son. I have gotten most of my parts. This thing should be pretty much done in about 2 months. I am in need of the (Custom) emblems that are mounted above the outside door handles. The guys that were working on my truck the first round broke one of them. I would love to find new ones if possible, but I doubt that will hapen, so I will settle for some good used ones, if anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for any help,
Jason
Still Looken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:41 AM   #2
special-K
Special Order

Re: Custom Emblems For GMC

How`d thet break?Sounds like you`re better off away from those klutzes.Post a "WTB" in the parts section.I bought new ones from GoldenStatePickupParts(www.gspponline.com)awhile back when Seth still owned it.I think the addy had online in it.I thought they were reproducing them since they were in his display.But,could have had a stash of n.o.s.You don`t see much of GSPP anymore.I hope the new owner is carrying the torch ok.They were the best.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
Still Looken

Re: Custom Emblems For GMC

I don't know how they did it, but they did alot of nasty things to Betsy. I took it to another body shop to let them fix the problems and to restore it. I have kept a close eye on it this time. They are realy doing a great job. I will try to post pictures when it is done.

I tried your advice about the posting. I hope I did it right, maybe some one out there has some to give up.

Thanks,
Jason
Still Looken is offline   Reply With Quote