The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

She's got a new home.......

Nope, not sold the truck, ......Yesterday I finally got around to getting my steel framed tarp garage up for the truck to live in. Its a 20' x 10' costco job. Its been up once before but because we didn't get round to bolting it down the bloody thing blew over during the night and bent some of the poles etc so its been languishing in the garage in boxes for a few years. Now I've carried out some major surgery to fix a couple of the poles and straightened the others out its up and well bolted down this time. At the moment its just got the truck top for the Chevy in whilst I repair it and then thats going on the back of the pickup and its going to live in there whilst I get her fettled for an MoT.

The floor is stone flags on one side that date back to the original house that was there before ours was built, when we drilled them for the rawlbolts that hold them down they have to be a good 4 to 5 inches thick,. This is actually where the old stables were and theres a central stone drain channel down the middle and the other side is stone stable floor blocks/cobbles, incredibly even the drain still flows well, despite it having to be at least 150 years old . The floor does still get a bit wet as the walls obviously aren't sealed to the ground but theres enough airflow so it won't get to humid and make things go rusty. Its a good 10' tall at the ridge too so plenty of room inside to work. I might have to buy a couple of waterproof flourescent light fittings and cable tie them to the frame so I can just run an extension lead out and have lights.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission

Last edited by Lippyp; 04-25-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: She's got a new home.......

-
That looks really good, Phil. The drain channel should help keep the standing water to a minimum. I agree that you would get enough ventilation through it to dry things out pretty quickly.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 04-25-2010 at 01:51 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Re: She's got a new home.......

If I find its getting too wet in there I've come up with a solution that involves some cheap plastic guttering underneath the edges of the side and rear panels so the drip water is channeled away and out the front of the space. Shouldn't be too hard to arrange with enough fall on it front to back and some brackets cable tied to the poles.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote