The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 02:05 AM   #1
orange-orange

Why do barrett jackson cars bring money and trucks don't ?

Because we don't try. We really do not try !! There is not a forum here or a group of knowledgable 67-72 truck owners that stand out and inform other truck owners about how to expertly restore there classic truck. What ??? ...date codes... protecto-plates... glass has dates... components know if they were built at day or nite ?? Really ...share the information that all of the Camaro, Chevelle,Corvette.....Shelby Mustangs clubs do...What was original !!

I submitted a 4000 RPM six cylinder tach question and recieved only 25 responces..........I got called out by a member that it was a hoax....great...but no one ever asked me about the Production Sample markings.........shame on you all !

There are a lot of 6 cylinder, no option trucks here that have there protect-plate, rwb's, spirals, build sheets and history that are worth just as much as big blocks.

(ps) if this is my last day on the forum. bye yall !
Old 02-19-2011, 02:29 AM   #2
ETsC10
Hand Crafted C-10

Re: Why do barrett jackson cars bring money and trucks don't ?

Orange, it's not that we don't care but the "barrett jackson" style, numbered match folks simply
haven't seen your posts. There are those folks here too, I'm sure...and always happy to help.

Realize we are a huge, diverse group...all with our own 'dream' truck in mind.

Also, the sharing of our 'special' info is so common to us and in depth, I think we forget we are a very special
crowd and that that knowledge isn't common in the general population..we forget to share because it's old hat to us.

Keep on looking around my friend and you will find your answers.
They are here but,
at times, hard to find because the board is so huge. That's a good thing.

And, no, I don't think you will be thrown away just yet.

Forum Guidelines and Rules
Buying and Selling Code of Conduct
Become a Board Supporter!
Truck FAQ

Ellen... the boards artsy-fartsy, eclectic, truck-lovin' gal-member...
Old 02-19-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange-orange View Post
Because we don't try. We really do not try !! There is not a forum here or a group of knowledgable 67-72 truck owners that stand out and inform other truck owners about how to expertly restore there classic truck. What ??? ...date codes... protecto-plates... glass has dates... components know if they were built at day or nite ?? Really ...share the information that all of the Camaro, Chevelle,Corvette.....Shelby Mustangs clubs do...What was original !!

I submitted a 4000 RPM six cylinder tach question and recieved only 25 responces..........I got called out by a member that it was a hoax....great...but no one ever asked me about the Production Sample markings.........shame on you all !

There are a lot of 6 cylinder, no option trucks here that have there protect-plate, rwb's, spirals, build sheets and history that are worth just as much as big blocks.

(ps) if this is my last day on the forum. bye yall !

Are you serious? We don't try? 71Super, DuncanandSon, Dantip, 70LonghornCST, sameyrasmea72, ...the list goes on and on of members who have numbers matching, date coded parts, down-to-the-mounting-hardware trucks. CircusWagonJim has probably forgotten more than you will ever know about these trucks. You will not find a more diverse and informed and experienced group of folks ANYWHERE as you will on this message board. I have a lot of NOS parts, and I know every factory marking and date code on them. You should be happy to get 25 responses, most inquiries get 2-3 at the most.

Good luck in your search.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
RIP FleetsidePaul
Old 02-19-2011, 03:59 AM   #4
68anniversary

Orange I can't figure out if you are scolding us or what? All the cars you mentioned are mostly muscle cars, these are trucks man, they made hundreds of thousands of these. So are you mad because we didn't respond with more than 25 answers? With a grand total of 37 posts in over 4 years I really don't think you are a giver as much as a taker on this board. It works both ways here. These are all good people man and we are lucky to have this as a great source of information. You should pay attention to some of the project and builds on here. They are a world of information. There are guys here that put in a huge amount of time to answer questions that have restoration shops and or businesses and to try and call them or the rest of us out is highly disrespectful. Forums are what people make them and if we aren't doing it for you well maybe...
Old 02-19-2011, 05:02 AM   #5
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

The other thing you have to remember is that the members here who do those trucks usually do them for the historical aspect rather then recognition from a bunch of people who play the "My water cooled checkbook is bigger'n'yours" game.Many of the cars on BJ bring way more money than any sane person could afford to give.They're very nice rides and usually something that has some signifigance,but they're also seldom practical to drive/insure or do more than display.Get down to the bottom line and they are just very nice looking investments.Add in the fact that BJ does the TV show which actually shows only the cream of the collector car crop and none of the driver quality rides I'm sure get auctioned and it looks like evry old car is worth a mint when in actuality classic rides have lost some value over the past few years.They took a hit when the economy did just like nearly everything else.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
Old 02-19-2011, 07:49 AM   #6
Hubscrub
Cruzin

I for one am glad they don't get tons of money, so i and others like me can have an affordable hobby to enjoy. I'm not in it to make money on my trucks just to enjoy them, barret jackson is not reality as i know it anyways. This board is the best board i have come accross they have helped me tons of times and i try to help when i can i love this place and how it is run. Thanks

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Old 02-19-2011, 07:59 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Your 4,000 rpm tach thread only had 25 posts because that's all it took to figure out what you had. I'd say there are plenty on here who know their stuff and there's your proof that people are concerned with all the ins & outs of what was done and what couldn't be. I don't give a rat's about Barrett-Jackson or any other hoity toity car auction. They aren't buying cars,they are buying trophies.They are mere fools in the eyes of the true enthusiasts who have driven,restored,customized,rebuilt these vehicles through the years while most of those people dumped their gas guzzlers for Japanese econoboxes. Now that the boomers have "arrived" they are buying back what they gave up on and experts are making big bucks off of them.
BTW,I've seen a '55 Chevy truck go for $135,000 or was that $145,000? It just depends on which bidders with more money than sense want the vehicle. I've seen vehicles that went for crazy money be resold for 1/3 what they were bought for at BJ.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 02-19-2011, 08:05 AM   #8
71 super

Orange what are you wanting? I have started baseball and I cant be here very much during this time of the year due to all the other things I ave going on. Paul Duncan and Dantip are a wealth of information as are Special K and Longhorn man. 1970 Longhorn CST and Hotfun have more NOS stuff than you could ever shake a stick at. My advice is instead of posting a general thread, try sending these guys a PM they will all be glad to help you as would I. sometimes it is hard to get responses simply because most feel they are trucks and not muscle cars but rest assured every member here loves these trucks, either stock or modified. As far as barrett jackson, who gives a crap? If I wanted to overpay for a dime a dozen camaro, I would go to any show usa and pay barrett jackson prices. Because we all know there were only a handful ever built and all of those were by hand/. My question is have you ever been to a show and had your trucks judged by a bunch of clowns? I have and I have not shown it again (national show by the way). Does there need to be someone who can break everything down to dates and days and hours, sure, can I do it probably, will i? No. After all, Gm records on these trucks were lost in a fire so what good does it really do for a US built truck in the first place, there is no proof.... which poses a problem for what you are asking for. Heck the cars have the trim tag etc to tell you have was there. These trucks have a SPID and a vin plate. The SPID is a sticker and the vin tells you what engine v8 or 6 cylinder and the plant the bed style and sequence number- there is nothing about big block, trim options, major options blah blah blah. The info just is not provided for you. The car stuff was saved, truck stuff was not, what does that tell you about the importance of these trucks when built? Sorry if some sounds harsh, but it is something I have had to come to terms with as have others. This board has a lot of great people on it that will help as much as they can, but remember not everyone is interested in the same things and the cool thing is -they dont have to be. Sit back relax and enjoy this place and all the good people here.
69 swb cst 6 cylinder/ overdrive
69 black/black cst bb swb
70 orange and white cst Canada built truck swb bb
71 black and white super swb bb
71 red and white super swb
72 green and white super swb 4x4
62 nova wagon 400 series Ls swapped
68 Camaro 327/4 speed- 1 owner, original paint
66 Volkswagen bettle
69 auto stick Volkswagen Beetle

Last edited by 71 super; 02-19-2011 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
Livrat
Member #1049

I can not speak for everyone here but I personally could give a hoot about production sample markings, protecto plates, full concourse correct restorations simply because these are "Trucks" they are not nor ever will be Corvettes or Chevelles, Mustangs etc.

From My observations I feel that the majority of the members here are just happy to have a cool truck with cool options and not real concerned whether or not there driver door window had the correct date code on it..

Yes I know there are members here that happen to do factory correct builds and thats great too. We all try to help out everyone the best we can, But.. for you to put out a "Shame on us" for not helping others expertly restore there trucks, don't you think that a bit harsh? I can understand your attitude if you just came over here from a Corvette forum where the norm is "if it isnt 100% factory stock" its Sacrilegious!!

I am here because I just happen to like these years of trucks, I will admit I am not a restorer.. Been there done that, won't go back to building "top flight" NCRS Corvettes, Concourse restored Camaros, 55-57 T birds, Boss Mustangs and factory correct Avantis, To me its too much work, too much criticism, too many snooty people. (I became weary of things like: Hey!! you have the wrong date on your hose clamp mentality).

To me a fully concourse restored vehicle that your too afraid to drive is a worthless vehicle. (aka:Trailer Queen)

Build them, drive them till there wore out and do it again..
I build them like and with what ever I want.. cut em up.. Chop them, stretch them, lower them, swap engines,trans etc.. Its called hotrodding..
Old 02-19-2011, 12:46 PM   #10
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Drama has no home here. Hate to see anyone leave... but most when they do, choose to clock log out.. not post a rant. I challenge you to find any forum in this genre that is as friendly and knowledgeable as this one. If you have an issue with postings, you click report a post, and we tend to them. I hope you get over your issue and choose to stay. If so please check the drama at the door, its not welcome.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread